what is Instagram highlights? Instagram stories are automatically deleted after 24 hours, but with the highlight feature, you can share previous stories in the user profile forever. In this article, we will explain step by step how to add highlights to the profile.
When you highlight a story in the profile section, its display is exactly the same as the story, except that the number of views is no longer displayed to you.
You may want to highlight your current story, or you may want to highlight previously archived stories.
Instagram highlight ; Highlight old stories
Do the following to highlight previous Instagram stories :
1- Log in to your Instagram account.
2. In the lower right corner of the screen, tap the Instagram profile picture to enter the profile section.
3- At the bottom of the biography, there is an Instagram highlight.
4- It is possible to view previously added highlights (if any) or add new highlights to this section.
5. To add a new highlight, tap the “+” or “New” symbol.
6- By tapping this button, you will be able to add previously archived stories. Tap the + sign. All previous stories will be displayed to you.
7. Select the story you want to be displayed in the highlight section. After selecting the desired story, you need to specify a title for it.
9- Finally, Android users can add highlights to their profile by pressing the “Done” key and iPhone users can press the “Add” key.
Instagram highlight; Highlight current stories
Do the following to highlight current stories:
1. Open the story you have already shared.
2. Touch the ” Highlight ” option displayed at the bottom.
3- After tapping Highlight, you will be able to add a title to the story you want to highlight. Specify the title of the highlight.
4- Your desired story will be added to the highlight section.
How to change Instagram highlight cover?
You’ve probably noticed in previous episodes that when creating a new highlight, Instagram automatically captures the cover image from the stories inside. You may also find that when you browse popular pages, they use custom covers for their highlights that include different colors or the brand or business logo. But how can such covers be created?
An example of a custom highlight cover on Wironal’s Instagram page
1. Open the highlight from your profile tab and then click More in the lower-left corner.
2. Then first touch the Edit Highlight option and then select Edit Cover.
3. Now you can see the current cover of the selected highlight in large size at the top of the page and the list of selectable covers is also located in the bottom bar. Now click on the image icon in the lower-left corner.
4. Select the new cover you want from the gallery and then adjust its dimensions.
5. When the edit is complete, tap Done to save the changes.
Obviously, before you can change the highlight cover, you need to save the appropriate image on your device’s internal storage.
How to remove Instagram highlight?
Sometimes users regret sharing some images in the highlights section or encounter a lot of irregular and cluttered highlights. In such cases, you can easily delete the highlight on Instagram just by following the steps below.
1. Hold your finger on the highlight you want to delete.
2. Select Delete Highlight from the menu that opens.
As you can see, in just two steps, you can delete a highlight and all the stories in it. Of course, the stories in the deleted highlight will still be available through the Archive section. If you want to remove only one particular story from the images or videos in the highlight, follow these steps.
1. First open the highlight containing the desired story and then reach the story.
2. Click More in the lower-left corner of the screen.
3. Select Remove from Highlight from the menu that opens.
4. Click the Remove button to confirm the removal process.
Frequently Asked Questions About Instagram
What does the highlight feature do on Instagram?
Instagram stories are automatically deleted after 24 hours, but with the highlight feature, you can share previous stories in the user profile forever.
Can previous stories be edited in highlight?
No, It is not possible to edit previous stories in the highlight.
Is it possible to access all previous stories in the highlight feature?
Any story stored in highlight will be available in the future and will not be deleted after 24 hours. Therefore, if the story is not in highlight mode, it will be deleted after 24 hours and not all stories can be accessed.