Apple Watch problems; The Apple Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches; But this device, and especially its older models, is not without its flaws and may sometimes encounter errors.
The Apple Watch continues to lead the world in smartphones. Despite numerous competitors such as Garmin, Samsung, and Fitbit, the Apple Watch 6 Series can be considered the best smartwatch; But even the best smartwatch is not without its drawbacks. These problems are especially prevalent in older generations of the Apple Watch but do not worry. The following is a list of the most common Apple Watch problems and, of course, how to fix them.
Apple Watch problems
Pairing Apple Watch and iPhone is usually an integrated process, But you may run into problems. You will usually encounter these problems during the pairing process: the devices are not close enough to each other, are not within Wi-Fi range, or the Apple QR code pairing method does not work. Regardless of the type of problem, you can solve the Apple Watch pairing problems with the following solutions.
- If pairing the Apple Watch with the Viewfinder method on the iPhone fails, you can try pairing manually. On the pairing screen, select Piar Apple Watch Manually and follow the instructions.
- Still not successful? Most technology problems can be solved by rebooting the device. This solution is also effective for Apple products. As a result, if you run into pairing problems, you can reboot your iPhone and Apple Watch and try pairing them again.
- To pair the Apple Watch, hold down the key next to it until Slide to power off appears. Then drag the screen aside to turn off the device. Press the same button again to turn on the Apple Watch.
- Make sure the Apple Watch and iPhone are within walking distance of each other and within WiFi range.
- Go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings to reset your iPhone network settings.
Note: After this step, you will need to re-enter the Wi-Fi networks or other network-related data.
- As a last resort, you can reset the Apple Watch. Before that, back it up to iCloud.
The Apple Watch displays the charge status via a small green bullet icon. If you do not see this option even when connected to a charger, you can try the following solutions.
- Place the Apple Watch on the charging pad and check that the magnetic charging cable is connected to the adapter and charger.
- Check that the plug is active. In this case, if you have a problem charging, connect another device to see if the problem is with the plug or not. If you are not sure, connect the charger to an electrical outlet on another wall.
- Clean the magnetic charger and the back of the Apple Watch.
- Check that the Apple Watch is properly seated on the charger. The magnets must be attached to the watch.
- Try another cable. If the problem is with the cable, you can change the problem to find out.
- Restart Apple Watch if all of the above methods fail. To do this, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Display screen problems
The Apple Watch’s large, responsive display is a key part of its user experience, but it can sometimes run into problems such as disabling it.
- Try restarting the Apple Watch by force. You do not need a screen to do this; As a result, restart the Apple Watch as the first solution.
- To force restart the Apple Watch, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown for at least ten seconds, then release both when the Apple logo appears.
- If the above solution does not work, try taking the watch and iPhone out of pairing mode. Fortunately, you can do this on your iPhone as well. To do this, go to the Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, select your watch, and then tap the lowercase letter i. Finally, select Unpair Apple Watch. This will clear your smartwatch and you will be able to recover your data from backup.
- Put the Apple Watch on the charger. If the display is not activated, there may be a problem charging the battery. If the display still does not turn on despite charging, it can be said to be damaged.
- Apple usually repairs screens at no charge under the limited warranty or customer rules.
- If the screen does not turn on when you raise your wrist but turns on when you tap the screen, make sure the Wake Screen on Wrist Raise option is enabled. Go to Settings> General> Wake Screen and enable the Wake Screen on Wrist Raise option.
One of the key parts of the Apple Watch user experience is displaying notifications; But sometimes notifications are not displayed properly.
- Check if the Do Not Disturb option is enabled. When this option is enabled, the Apple Watch will not send any notifications. Check if the crescent moon icon appears on the clock face. In this case, drag the clock face up and tap the Do Not Disturb button. This button is also in the shape of the crescent moon.
- No notifications yet displayed? Try connecting the Apple Watch to the iPhone. To do this, make sure Airplane Mode is disabled on the iPhone. You can disable this mode by opening the Control Center and tapping the aircraft icon. After this step, restart iPhone and Apple Watch. Both are reconnected and activated.
- Do you only receive notifications for some apps? Go to the Watch app on the iPhone and tap Notifications. Find and tap an app that does not display notifications. In this section, select the Show Alerts option. By activating this option, the desired application displays notifications on the Apple Watch.
If you have an old Apple Watch, you may have encountered the message unable to install the update at least once; But before updating your device, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the Apple Watch is on the charger; Especially if the watch battery is less than 50% full.
- Make sure the iPhone is near the Apple Watch and both are connected to WiFi. The stronger the signal, the better.
- You can restart the Apple Watch before updating. This is especially recommended if you have not rebooted your device for a long time.
- If your Apple Watch still refuses the update despite the above steps, you can delete the software update file. To do this, open the Watch app on the iPhone. Go to General> Software & Update and tap Delete. Then restart the Apple Watch. After this step, download the update again and install it again.
Older applets often experience memory errors while updating watchOS. Fixing this problem is relatively simple. You must have free space to install updates.
- First of all, you need to know the memory requirements for updating. The iPhone and Apple Watch indicate the amount of space required in the update error message.
- To view the amount of available memory, go to the Settings app on your watch, select General> About, and scroll to the Available section.
- You can also see which programs or files take up the most space.
- To remove music from the Apple Watch, go to the Music app. You can then delete additional music by going to Library> Downloaded> Albums or Songs> More> Remove> Remove Download.
- You need an iPhone to delete images from the Apple Watch. Open the Watch app and go to My Watch> Photos> Photo Synching> Selected Photo Album. Change the option to None.
- To remove apps from the Apple Watch, go to My Watch> Installed on Apple Watch from the iPhone Watch app. Then click on the desired application and deselect Show on Apple Watch. Do the same for apps you do not need.
- You can delete apps directly from your Apple Watch. Press the Crohn’s digital rotary selector. If the home screen is in grid view, hold down the app icon until it shakes. Then tap the delete button and Delete App.
- To view the list, swipe left on the app screen, then tap the red delete button.
- Try to reinstall the update after clearing the memory.
- If the update still does not install, reset the Apple Watch, pair it with the phone, and then install the update.
Digital Crown problems
Digital Crown is an attractive button to control a large part of the Apple Watch menu. Unfortunately, dust particles sometimes prevent this button from rotating. In this case, you must carefully clean the Apple Watch.
- Turn off the Apple Watch and remove the strap.
- Keep the Apple Watch running under warm water for 10 to 15 seconds. Of course, Apple does not recommend using soap or other cleansers, and it does suggest pressing and turning the crown button continuously throughout the process.
- Dry the watch with a soft cloth.
- If the problem persists, restart the Apple Watch.
- Did nothing happen again? You can take the Apple Watch out of pairing mode and pair it with the iPhone. If there is a software problem, it will be solved.
Activity tracking problems
The Apple Watch is a great option for tracking fitness and health activities; But sometimes it does not track health standards well.
- First and foremost, make sure the Apple Watch fits snugly around your wrist. It should not be too tight or too loose.
- Check Fitness Tracking is enabled. If you are a novice user you should check your privacy settings. To do this, go to the Watch app on the iPhone and enable the Fitness Tracking option from the Privacy path.
- If your problem persists, you can recalibrate your device to increase accuracy. To recalibrate the Apple Watch, open the Watch app on the iPhone. Then select My Watch> Privacy> Reset Fitness Calibration Data.
- To calibrate the Apple Watch, go outside and make sure the GPS is properly connected. Select the Workout app on your watch and go to Outdoor Walk or Outdoor Run, tap the three-point menu to set a goal, and walk or run for 20 minutes. This data forms the basis of the Apple Watch; But any successful exercise can improve calibrated data.
Cellular Service problems
If you have an Apple Watch with LTE service, you may experience network problems from time to time. Usually, this problem is easily solved if LTE is already enabled on your device.
- Check that Airplane Mode is not accidentally enabled on the Apple Watch. In this case, disable it.
- Check that the Celluar button on the Apple Watch is green and that there are green dots above it in the Control Center. These points indicate signal strength; While the green dot alone indicates a connection. If the icon is not highlighted, the next step is to restart the iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Manually upgrade your operator settings on the iPhone if the above steps do not work. To do this, first make sure the iPhone is connected to WiFi or a mobile network. Then go to Settings> General> About and follow the related instructions. These instructions are different for each operator.
- If this is your first time using an Apple Watch, make sure the device supports your carrier. Also make sure that the Apple Watch and iPhone use the same operator.
- If you do not get an answer from these methods, you can adjust your mobile plan again. In the watch app, go to iPhone> MyWatch and tap the i next to the carrier name; And then select Remove. You can re-add your operator details. Restart iPhone and Apple Watch after completion.
- Finally, you can reset the iPhone network settings. To do this, go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. You will need to re-enter all your WiFi and other related iPhone network data after this step.
Sending messages directly from the Apple Watch to other devices is a great advantage, But it is not without problems. If you can not send or receive text, you can refer to the list below to solve the most common Apple Watch problems.
- Make sure the Do Not Disturb and Airplane mode options are disabled in the Control Center.
- Make sure you are connected to the iPhone or have the option to receive a cell on the Apple Watch. For Apple LTE-enabled watches, the paired iPhone must be turned on; Even if it is not close by.
- Check iMessage by sending a message from your iPhone. This service may be disabled or an iPhone problem.
- Apple suggests checking that iMessage is enabled. To do this, go to Settings> Messages and enable iMessage. Then tap Send & Receive to start the synchronization process.
- Still not successful? Exit iMessage by going to Settings> Messages> Send & Receive on iPhone. In the next step, select Apple ID> Sign Out. Apple recommends restarting iMessage. Do this by going to Settings> Messages and deactivating and reactivating iMessage. After these steps, log in to iMessage again.
- Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
- If you still do not succeed, check for outdated updates on both devices.
One of the advantages of the Apple Watch is the wide range of ready-to-install applications, But these applications may sometimes crash without any prior warning. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to these problems.
- First and foremost, you should check for out-of-the-box updates. Then go to the Clock App Store and go to Account> Updates. Install all available updates. After this step, open the application.
- If the problem persists, uninstall the application. Press the Crohn’s digital button to delete apps. Assuming the screen is in grid mode; Hold down the app icon until it vibrates. Then tap the delete button and Delete App. If you are using the list view, drag the application to the left and then select the red delete button.
- To remove apps from iPhone, go to My Watch> Installed on Apple Watch in the Watch app. Then select the desired application and deselect Show on Apple Watch.
- After uninstalling the application, reinstall it.
Apple Watch speed problems
The Apple Watch 6 Series is unlikely to show signs of slowness early in life, But older models usually slow down sometimes. Software delays are one of the most common problems with older Apple Watch models. Here are some ways to solve this problem:
- The easiest way to solve the problem is to reboot the Apple Watch. Even if you have an Apple Watch 6 Series, it is better to reboot your device sometimes.
- If you are using an older Apple Watch model, it is best to disable watchOS animations. To do this, open the Watch app on the iPhone and go to My Watch> General> Accessibility. Activate Reduce Motion in this path. This speeds up the watch and slightly improves battery life.
- Apple Watch analyzes app content in the background; But this process affects the speed of the device in many situations. Therefore, if you do not want to use this feature in a particular application, it is better to disable it. To do this, open the Watch app on the iPhone and go to General> Background App Refresh. Using this feature, you can disable unnecessary applications or all of this feature.
- Do not need to run programs in the background? You can close them on the Apple Watch. To do this, press the side button of the Apple Watch and then use the digital crown to scroll through the applications. To close a specific app, drag it from right to left and press the red button to close it.
- If you still have problems with speed, you can restart your device. To do this, go to the Apple Watch Settings section and go to General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings.
Apple Watch strap problems
Applause straps may also be damaged or damaged. Fortunately, these clauses can be easily replaced. The Apple Watch and its straps in the United States have a one-year limited warranty that does not cover accidental damage.
Apple Pay problems
If you run into problems with Apple Pay, the first step is to reboot the device. If your problem persists, you can try the following steps.
- Use iPhone to solve Apple Pay problems. If this service does not work on the clock, it is probably a problem with the clock.
- Remove the card from the Apple Watch. To do this, open the Watch app on the iPhone and then select your card from My Watch> Wallet & Apple Pay and tap Remove This Card.
- You can delete the card directly from the bridge by selecting the Wallet app and selecting the card and clicking Delete.
- Now try to add the card again. To do this, go to the Watch app on the iPhone and the My Watch tab. Then go to Wallet & Apple Pay> Add Credit or Debit Card and enter the relevant data. Then click Next and wait for the bank check. Once completed, you can use the card.
- If you have problems with a particular card, try using another card.
If you have any problems other than the above list, let us know in the comments section.
Leave a Reply