Remove video background; Everything is out of our control when filming, so there may be some unpleasant things in the video background that we want to remove. But the good news is that it is possible to edit and delete the background.
In this article, we will teach you the best ways to remove video backgrounds.
Remove video background with 4 methods
1. FilmForth software
You do not need to be very skilled to use FilmForth because it is very simple. With just a few clicks you can delete and change the video background using FilmForth. FilmForth also acts as a watermark-free video editor (watermark is the ability to carry information for authentication or authentication codes or acronyms necessary to interpret an image. ), Helps thousands of video creators to express their creativity.
- Chroma Key Effect – A cinematic and post-production special effects technique that helps to instantly remove objects in the background.
- Camera Movement-FilmForth allows users to control camera movement with start and end frames.
- Dynamic Transition Effects – Supports multiple dynamic special effects.
- Can easily delete the background
- It is completely free
- No watermark
- Suitable for beginner or professional users
- There is no option to add an external subtitle file
How to change (delete) video backgrounds using FilmForth in Windows
Step 1- Download FilmForth. Once the installation is complete, you can launch it immediately.
Step 2 – Click on New Project on the first page. Then you will see the ADD VIDEO / PHOTOS CLIPS button, tap on it and enter your video. You can also do this by dragging and dropping video files from the storage folder.
Step 3 – Click on the Picture in Picture icon in the bottom bar and add a video file to FilmForth.
Step 4 – Click on the PIP path and press the Chroma Key. To apply the key, turn it on. Then tap Select color and select the background color. Drag the blue drawers to adjust the tolerance level.
If there are other colors in the background, tap Add Color.
Step 5 – Check the results and click the blue Save Video button. Then adjust the output settings to make sure the file is not lost.
2- VSDC Video Editor (our recommended software)
VSDC is an editor that has many options. In addition to the initial background removal, you can use features such as video filters, 360 video editing, color correction and more.
- Chroma Key Tool – A powerful visual effects tool that helps remove the background of videos based on the color combination of two images.
- 360-degree video editing – Easy preview and editing of panoramic, VR and 360 videos.
- Elegant Masking Tool – This tool offers convenient shapes and pre-made templates for easier editing.
- It does not have a watermark
- Auto delete video background
- It is difficult for beginners to work with
- Improperly remove backgrounds in poor quality videos
Remove video backgrounds using VSDC in Windows
Step 1- Create a new project. To start a new job, you can go to Projects and tap New Project.
Step 2 – Add the video by dragging and dropping. You can also press Shift + V or manually search your computer for video.
Step 3 – After the video is loaded, go to the top menu to access Video Effects. Video Effects> Transparency> Background Remover.
Step 4 – In the notification (object settings) that appears on the screen, click OK. Now, you will see a new layer in the timeline. Click on it to make the properties appear on the right. In the Properties window you will notice Chromakey Color in Background Remover Settings.
Step 5 – Click on the dripper tool, marked A, and then click on a spot on the background as suggested by B. The background will be removed successfully.
3. Lightworks software
If you’re using a Mac, you can choose Lightworks, which works great on Apple’s ecosystem. Lightworks uses the Chroma Key as a video editor to remove video backgrounds.
- Direct user interface – Easy to understand interface.
- Team Editing – Collaborate with your team and share buckets, edits, media, etc. in real time.
- Multi-camera support – Edit multi-camera videos in one timeline.
- Multiple chromas
- Batch editing
- Lack of training or guidance to understand the features
- In the free version only MP4 video is exported
How to delete video backgrounds using Lightworks
Step 1- Create a new project then add the video by dragging and dropping. You can also go to Local Files to upload your video from the Libraries section.
Step 2 – Go to the Edit section of the editor.
Step 3 – As shown in the image, drag and drop the video in the timeline.
Step 4 – Now, go to the VFX section and right click on the video in the timeline.
Step 5- Effects> Add> Key> ChromaKey. The steps are numbered in the image below.
Step 6- Click on the color selector marked A, then select the green background, indicated by B. The background is removed immediately.
Step 7- Export the video to the Log section – right click on number 1. In the right-click menu, go to Access Export> Media Files> and the Format of your choice.
How to change the video background on Android and iOS devices
The KineMaster app is the best app available for this and is available for Android and iOS ( download for Android, download for iPhone ) and offers the same features worldwide. In the Apple ecosystem, we have Lightworks, which uses the Chroma Key to delete video backgrounds.
- Automatic Chroma Key – Provides the Chroma Key feature.
- KineMaster Background Templates – Offers pre-built templates to add backgrounds to videos.
- Video recording – You can record a video from the phone camera and edit it instantly in the editor.
- Precise background removal
- Support for 4K videos
- Watermark in the free version
- There are multiple ads in the app
How kinemaster works
Step 1 – Install the app on your Android phone. Select the video option that appears in the middle
Step 2 – Select the aspect ratio of the project. We choose 16: 9 as a standard video.
Step 3 – Tap Media and go to the Images folder.
Step 4 – Select the background image to your liking. If a video has been added as a background, you can go to other folders as well.
Step 5 – Now, go back to the main page of the project and go to Layers> Media.
The video is uploaded to the timeline. Match the length of both media by selecting and dragging.
Step 6- Select the video from the timeline and tap Chroma Key. Activate the key.
Step 7- Next, tap the key color and select the background color. Then the field will be removed.
Step 8- Go to the home screen and tap the Save button.
Step 9 – You will see the export options. Choose the right resolution and FPS. Tap Export to save the video
Manually removing the background from the video is not an easy task. Therefore, the Chroma Key feature is an essential feature in all editors, which helps save time and effort. You can try online tools like Veeb.io, but these tools have their inefficiencies, but there are better tools that will cost a lot.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to remove and change the video background, FilmForth is the best option possible. Give it a try.