DDos attacks (DDoS) are an integral part of today’s Internet. Protect your website, resources and information by being aware of ways to prevent DDoS attacks.
Familiarity and ways to prevent DDoS attacks
Have you ever come forward to go to a university unit selection page or an online store page, but is the so-called page too heavy to do anything? In this case, there has been no attack, but the number of requests is beyond the server’s ability to respond on time.
DDoS attacks (or service bans) work the same way, i.e. sending countless requests to a server and sacrificing all the capacity to respond to futile requests.
Put simply, the attacker sends a lot of requests to the server in the DDoS attack. The server engaged in responding to these futile requests and therefore could not respond to actual requests. Similarly, the server is out of reach and the speed of user access to resources such as website, network, email, etc. is reduced.
In the DDoS attack, the attacker only uses a computer to implement and run. However, when multiple systems are able to execute a DDoS attack, it is called a DDoS attack or a distributed service ban. So a few different IPs are involved in the attack.
Some DDos packages are very integrated and intertwined, so that it is very difficult and almost impossible to distinguish a healthy package from an unhealthy package. DDoS streams don’t look different from normal package sending streams.
Problems defending against DDoS attacks
Because different computers and IPs are used in these attacks, they are very hard to track. Plus, there are plenty of tools on the Internet to launch DDoS attacks.
The attacker can also hide his identity using the IP spofing method, or IP impersonation, making it harder to track. In addition, there is also a risk that botnets will be used, and the attacker can use their system to carry out DDos attacks without the permission and awareness of others.
DDos attacks have different types, but they all follow the same general rule, finding a target and making a lot of requests to waste resources and disable the server. Not only websites, but emails or even ordinary people’s phone numbers may also be attacked by these cyberattacks.
Methods of preventing and countering DDos attacks
– The best way to prevent DDoS attacks is to use the VPN service. The service encrypts all data on the device and hides the user’s IP address. Without IP, DDoS attacks cannot be plotted. In general, VPNs enhance security and make you an inaccessible target.
– You can stop DDoS attacks by installing powerful and updated firewalls.
– If possible, set up your router in a way that detects suspicious traffic (in terms of request volume) and stops it.
– With the help of intrusion detection systems, simple types of DDoS attacks can be detected and even prevented from running them.
– Proper configuration of server applications do not be forgotten. The server administrator must determine how to respond to requests as well as authorized resources for the application.
– Eliminate potential os weaknesses by installing security patches on time and keep yourself out of the risk of running DDoS attacks.
– Consult with experts. There are many security companies that can help you before, during and after the attack.
Have you ever been attacked by DDos attacks? What method have you used to defend or prevent DDoS attacks? Share your experiences with us.
Leave a Reply