In the past, personal financial management and monitoring of income and expenditure accounts were not so easily possible and sometimes the situation got out of control. So people sometimes had to seek help from others so as not to overspend and be able to control the situation. In recent years, with the introduction of personal accounting and financial management programs on Android and iOS operating systems, revenue and expense accounting, budgeting, financial planning, and setting financial goals are no longer very complicated, and by simply touching the smart mobile screen many times, many things can be done. And of course, in the long run, more savings can be made. In the following, you will get acquainted with 10 personal financial management app for smartphones. Stay with us.
What are the main features of a good personal financial management app?
A good personal financial management app should provide the user with structured planning in the first place. This planning should include the following three basic principles:
- Personalized budgets and strict rules;
- A very clear purpose for saving ;
- Real-time tracking (meaning that information is displayed instantly without the need for processing).
In the following, we will explain the best personal financial management app for Android and IOS in both foreign and Iranian categories. You can choose any of these programs depending on your needs.
Not all of these programs are designed to achieve one or more specific goals. Some focus more on financial management, others on savings, and the main function of some of these programs is debt tracking. What is your main goal in implementing a personal financial management app depends on your priorities; But in the descriptions given about each program, you will also read enough details about it.
External financial management app
1. Mint: Your Smart Personal Financial Advisor
- Valuable budgeting programs ;
- Has the ability to warn of future receipts ;
- Ability to sync it with other financial and banking applications : You can monitor financial transactions, track expenses in separate categories, and monitor cash flow; All and all on one dashboard.
- Ability to customize categories ;
- Edit multiple financial transactions simultaneously .
Mint, like any other program, is not without its flaws and has some problems; For example, we can mention its in-app advertising, which is unpleasant for some users (although it is not so unfair with all the features it provides to the user for free).
- Practical and suitable tools for financial management;
- Ability to set unlimited financial goals;
- Ease of setting up and using the program;
- Sending weekly reports to users : These reports provide a detailed description of the highest costs and the status of the user in achieving budgeting goals;
- Ability to warn and inform about bills and installments .
It should be noted that in the Pocket Guard financial management app, a small portion will be deducted as a fee from anything that helps the user to save more.
The free version of the program can be restrictive for some; For example, it is not possible to make personal classifications of expenses or to separate financial transactions completely. Of course, by paying the equivalent of $ 4.99 per month, the program can be upgraded to Pocket Guard Plus and take advantage of these features as well.
3. Personal Capital
- Ability to review free investment ;
- Pursuit of net worth;
- Retirement planning tools;
- Sync various financial accounts, track and monitor them.
More than 2.7 million active users use the free tools of the Personal Capital Personal Financial Management app, and this statistic is a good indication of its growing popularity.
One of the drawbacks of this program is its budget-related capabilities. These capabilities are a bit basic in the Capital Personnel program and the user is not free to set and achieve budgeting goals.
- Detailed charts and detailed and personalized reports;
- Reliable program performance in the absence of Internet access;
- Credit card management;
- Warning system for future receipts;
- An efficient tool for managing financial goals.
Many of Mobilis’ financial management program features are available for free; However, to become a special user and use some features (such as tables with detailed information) you have to pay the equivalent of $ 4.99 per month.
- Budgeting with personalization capability;
- Good and interesting appearance of the program with color themes;
- Ability to plan for expenses without time limit (weekly or monthly or…) with the ability of personal alert system.
Using the features we have listed so far in this program is free, but there are other features that will be useful only when you become a special user, features such as storing information in Dropbox and retrieving it at any time.