Curious about how to share your MacBook screen?
So we show you how to remotely control your other Macs, get help from friends, and share your Mac screen with others.
When you can share your screen with others, it will be much easier to get support to solve your computer problems. This is different from describing the problem of your computer over the phone, from earth to sky. Your Mac is provided with the software required to do this (between two users). So you can share your Mac screen on other Macs as well, and if you need support from someone running Windows or Linux, don’t worry, we’ll talk about that too.
In this article from Wironal, we will take a look at different ways to share MacBook screens and explore the best possible methods in this area. So if you are interested in this topic, follow us to the end of this fascinating article.
Use the Messages app to share the page on your Mac
The easiest way to share a screen or request to see another user’s screen is to use the Apple Messenger app. You can share your screen with someone else through the Messages app on macOS. Note, however, that they must be using a Mac and logged into iMessage with an Apple ID.
When sharing the screen, the other party will have the opportunity to take full control of your computer by sending an access request. This requires direct authorization through you. So you should never hand over control of your Mac to someone you do not know or trust completely.
Launch the Messages app to make sure you are logged in to your Apple ID in the Messages section and in the Preferences section. There are several steps you can take to share or request a screen sharing on your Mac. These steps are:
1) Start a new chat with the person you want to enter the sharing process with.
2) Click on the Info icon in the upper right corner of the page.
3) Now select the Share button.
4) Invite to share my screen option to share your personal page. There is also an Ask to share screen option to request to see the other person’s screen.
5) At this stage, the other party must agree to your request. When it confirms, a voice call starts next to page sharing. You can then chat with the other person and discuss the problem and, in fact, everything you share.
6) You can let the other side control your screen via the share icon in the menu bar. Look at the two overlapping rectangles in the upper right corner of your Mac screen. Click on it and then select Allow [contact] to control my screen.
7) If you have reversed your decision and you no longer want the other party to have access to your Mac device, click on the share menu bar icon again and uncheck this option. You can easily and without any worries get full access from the other party and no longer allow him to access your system.
Access other Apple computers via Local Network
Another way to share a screen between two Macs is to use an integrated feature called Screen Sharing. In fact, it will be impossible to use this feature unless both macOS devices use a local area network (WiFi).
Sharing the page this way also gives you full control over the shared Mac. You must enable Screen Sharing on any Mac you want to access and control before you can use it. So we will teach you how to set this feature on the Mac you want to control. The steps to do this are:
1) Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
2) Select the Sharing category or tag.
3) Check the box next to Screen Sharing and be sure to write down the IP address or name of the Mac host.
You can then access another macOS device on the same local network as your Mac by following these steps. These steps are:
1) Open the Screen Sharing application by searching for it through Spotlight or press Cmd + Space.
2) Enter the IP address or hostname of the Mac and select Connect.
3) Now you need to enter the details of the Mac account and click on Sign In.
You will soon see the screen of your desired computer in a new window on your desktop. You can control this computer as soon as you connect. If you have trouble connecting to a Mac, make sure both devices are on the same local network and are actually connected to the same Wi-Fi. Now repeat these steps again. This method is very common and popular.
Use SharePlay to share the page in FaceTime calls
If you are using a Mac with MacOS Monterey or a newer system, you can use a feature called SharePlay to share your screen during FaceTime calls with other iOS, iPadOS and macOS devices.
SharePlay does not allow remote viewers to control your Mac, but it is a great way to share your screen performance with others. In this section, we will examine how to use this feature.
1) Start a FaceTime call.
2) Select the FaceTime icon in the menu bar and click on it.
3) To share the selected page, select that page. You can also select Screen to share your entire Mac screen with others. simply!
Share Mac screen using different apps
If you want to share your Mac screen with someone who does not use iMessage or someone who does not have a Mac, you need to trust various apps in this area to do so.
One of the simplest tools in this area is TeamViewer. One of the advantages is that you do not need an account to use TeamViewer. To get started, just download the Team Viewer remote control app. This is all you need to get support or provide support to other people who use this service. This application works perfectly seamlessly on Windows, Linux, iPhone and Android.
Once you have received the remote control program, you will have a user ID and a password. Give your username and password to someone else so they can see your screen and take full control of your Mac. The usual advice is true as always:
Be careful who you trust!
With the help of this article, you can easily get support and work remotely on Mac. The easiest way to get help with a Mac problem is to share your screen with iMessage. SharePlay on FaceTime will also help you with this.
Finally, if you really need this feature and do not know any solution, you can always get PC support from a Windows, iPhone or Android user via TeamViewer or another remote application. So do not worry about anything and try one of the above ways.
Do you know of any other way to share your MacBook screen? Share your comments and suggestions with us and other Digikala Mag users.
- How to use FaceTime on Android?
- How to transfer files from android to mac via Bluetooth
- How to update my mac operating system
Leave a Reply