How to use a google map offline? It must have happened to you that you travel to an unknown place and you could not find your way and place due to lack of proper internet access. Now we have to thank Google for allowing us to download maps in Google Maps software for offline use, and you can also update your downloaded maps when you are online. In the following article, we will teach you how you can download Google Maps maps offline on your mobile phone and use them at all times.
How to download Google Maps on a smartphone
First of all, if you are using incognito mode in this software, you must disable this feature by following the steps below. If you do not use this mode, you do not need to do the following steps.
- Click on the hat and glasses icon at the top right of the screen.
- Then click on Offline maps settings .
- Finally, click on Turn off Incognito .
You are now ready to download offline maps to your smartphone.
- From the Google Maps software menu, click on your avatar (profile picture) in the upper right corner of the page.
- In the menu that appears, click Offline maps .
- Then click on Select Your Own Map .
- Select the part of the map you want to download by zooming in or out.
- Now click on download.
At the end of this section, if you want to use incognito mode, you can re-enable incognito mode. To do this, you must follow the steps below:
- Click on your avatar in the Google Maps menu.
- In the menu that appears, click Turn on Incognito mode .
- After this, the incognito mode will be activated for you and in the pop-up you can see information about this mode.
Offline mapping literally!
As you can see, it is very easy to download the drawings and use them offline on the phone. But if you are not used to having your smartphone with you all the time and you prefer to use paper maps, Google has provided the ability to print the desired part of the map and even add a note to it before printing. . All you have to do is go to the Google Maps website and it will show a printout of a part of the map displayed on the page.
With these tips, you can always have a map of the place you plan to travel with, and enjoy your trip with full awareness of the environment in which you walk, instead of wasting your time finding the address.
Leave a Reply