The Apple Watch is a great fitness tracker that offers useful features. One of the favorite features of users is unlocking Mac with Apple Watch. Apple has introduced a similar feature for iOS that can be used to unlock the iPhone’s Face ID with the Apple Watch. You can use this feature when you have a mask on your face, especially in these difficult corona days when we have to use the mask in public places, it seems very useful. In the following, you will read how to make its settings.
- IPhone has iOS 14.5 or higher
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later running watchOS 7.4 or higher
- Your Apple Watch must be paired with an iPhone
- You must have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both devices (network connection is not required)
- The wrist recognition feature must be enabled in the password protected
- The watch must be unlocked and on the user’s wrist
- You should wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth or sunglasses that hide your eyes.
Learn how to unlock iPhone Face ID with Apple Watch, when we have a mask on our face
Open iPhone settings.
Scroll down and click on Face ID & Passcode.
Enter your iPhone password.
To unlock with the Apple Watch, scroll down and tap the option next to your Apple Watch name.
Apple describes the feature as follows:
When something like a mask prevents Face ID from recognizing your face, use a secure connection to your Apple Watch for Siri requests or unlock iPhone. Your watch must be password protected, unlocked and on your wrist.
When you enable this feature, the Apple Watch vibrates on your wrist each time it unlocks the iPhone to make sure you are yourself. Also, if someone else is holding your smartphone, you can lock it immediately using the Apple Watch.