WhatsApp groups have become a very popular feature for connecting with friends and family from anywhere in the world. To make the process of adding members to the group easier, this popular app allows group administrators to add anyone with their contact number to the WhatsApp group. This has led to many people being added to WhatsApp groups without their knowledge and permission, if they may not have any desire to join. After much feedback and criticism from the users, the developers of this messenger decided to solve the problem by introducing new privacy settings and preventing it from being added to WhatsApp groups without permission. Recently, WhatsApp has released a new type of group privacy settings for all users. These new settings are now available to all users of the Android and iPhone versions. With this introduction, we want to teach you how to enable these settings. Be with the Wironal.
How to enable group privacy settings
Before implementing the new settings on your smartphone, be sure to install the latest version of WhatsApp on your device. The latest version is 2.19.308 for Android and 2.19.112 for iPhone. You can update this app by visiting WhatsApp related pages in Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iPhone. Then it is enough to follow the instructions below carefully.
How to stop someone from joining WhatsApp group in Android
If you are an Android user, follow these steps to prevent being added to WhatsApp groups without permission:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and tap on the three vertical tabs in the upper right corner.
- Then go to Settings> Account> Privacy in left-to-right order.
- Now tap on Groups and select one of the three options in front of you (Everyone, My Contacts, My Contacts Except).
- If you select Everyone, everyone can add you to their groups.
- By selecting My Contacts, only contact contacts can add you to WhatsApp groups.
- Finally, the third My Contacts Except option allows only the people you specify to add you to their groups. You can select individual contact contacts or all contact contacts by tapping the Select All icon at the top right.
- These people will be asked to send you an invitation to the group via private chat. You then have three days to accept or decline the application to join the group.
How to stop someone from joining WhatsApp group on iPhone
If you are using WhatsApp on your iPhone, follow these commands to prevent other users from being added to WhatsApp groups.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and touch Settings.
- Then tap Account> Privacy> Groups in left-to-right order.
- On the next screen, select one of the three options Everyone, My Contacts and My Contacts Except (the explanation of these options is given in the Android section). You can also select contacts one by one in the My Contacts Except section or select all the contacts by pressing the Select All button (bottom right).