Many e-mail service providers prevent their users from receiving and sending large volumes of e-mail. But today most non-text files are very large, and if you just want to send a few uncompressed images via email, this limitation will be a hassle for you. Fortunately, there are ways to solve this problem and add large files to the email, which we will discuss in the following text.
Send high volume email
The easiest way to put large files in email is to upload them to cloud hosting services and then insert the relevant link in the email text. Of course, if the file hosting service is equipped with the ability to share, you can also send the desired file directly to the desired contact. However, there are no common volume restrictions for email on such services, and you can safely send bulk files.
Send high volume email in Gmail
Google’s email service has a volume limit of 25 MB for sending files and 50 MB for receiving files for its users. Of course, Google Drive is a popular and efficient option that fully interacts with Gmail and can be used to send large files.
1. To send high-volume email via Gmail with the help of Google Drive, first enter the Gmail homepage and then click Compose.
2. Next, select the Google Drive icon, similar to the image below, in the toolbar to the right of the Send key.
3. After hitting the Google Drive key, a window titled Insert files using Google Drive will open in which you can select the file you want.
4. If you have uploaded the file to Google Drive in the past, you can select it from the options on the My Drive tab. Otherwise, you will be able to upload a new file on Google Cloud via the Upload tab.
5. By selecting the desired file, you must select one of the two options at the bottom of the page to add the file to the email. The Drive link option applies to all files on Google Drive, including files created with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms. The Attachment option is only used for files that are not created by the Google tools mentioned.
6. Finally, click on the blue Insert key in the lower left corner of the screen.
Send large files in Outlook
Like Gmail, Outlook has a 33 MB volume limit for its users, which will make it difficult to send large files. OneDrive cloud service is one of the best options for sending high-volume e-mail through Outlook, which increases the said volume limit up to 2 GB. In this method, the recipient will receive a link to OneDrive instead of the email attachment, and the uploaded files will be placed in the Email attachments folder.
1. To upload a large file to OneDrive, first select it as an attachment in Outlook. In the following, you will receive an error message similar to the image below stating that the file size is larger than 33 MB.
2. If you want to see all the changes made to the file by the recipient, click on the first option, Upload and share as a OneDrive link. Otherwise, just click Attach as a copy to display the current version only for the recipient.
3. After uploading the file, you can still change the viewing status of the recipient. To do this, just click on the Change permissions option, similar to the image below. If you select the Recipient can view option, the recipient can view and download a copy of the file without logging in to their OneDrive account. If the Recipient can edit option is selected, the recipient can not only view the file but also edit or add and delete files in the shared folder.
Send large files with Dropbox
If you are constantly using Gmail to send high-volume emails and you are worried about the lack of space on your Google Drive, you can also use Dropbox as an alternative service. Of course, the Dropbox service does not interact with Gmail by default, and to establish a connection between them, you must follow the steps below. Of course, you can also upload your file to Dropbox separately and then enter the link in the email text.
1. To get started, simply add the Dropbox for Gmail plugin to your Chrome browser or other Chrome-based browsers (such as Edge and Opera).
2. The dedicated Dropbox icon (similar to the Google Drive icon) now appears in the bottom toolbar next to the Send key.
3. By clicking on the Dropbox icon, you will be able to select the desired file from the list of files in your personal cloud space. If you want to upload a new file, click on the Upload files option in the upper right corner of the window.
4. After selecting or uploading the desired file, click on the blue Choose key in the lower left corner of the window. The recipient can now view the selected file along with the overlay in the received email and download it or add it to their Dropbox account.
Note that free Dropbox accounts are limited to 2 GB for the maximum size of a file or the entire space used. You may also encounter an error message when uploading a file that is related to exceeding the bandwidth limit or matters related to copyright law. To solve this problem, it is recommended to rename the original file, upload it separately in Dropbox and create a new link for it. Also, if multiple users request the file uploaded by you at the same time, they may receive a 429 error message.
Upload large files to Apple Mail
Although Apple‘s email service is not as popular as its competitors, Yahoo and Gmail; But many owners of the company’s products use it. The limit for attachments on the Apple Mail is 20 MB, and if the selected file is larger than that, the option to use Mail Drop is automatically displayed.
1. To get started, simply select a large file as an email attachment and then click Use Mail Drop in a window similar to the one below.
2. The file will now be placed on the iCloud service , and the recipient can view the link with the preview in the email.
3. If the recipient is using Mac OS version 10.10 or later, they will be able to download the attachment automatically in the background. Users of other email service providers will see a message with a Click to Download option to download the file and its expiration date.
Apple Mail Drop service provides the company’s users with an authorized limit of 5 GB per file. It is also possible to upload the file in addition to the email service, in the iOS application and the iCloud.com website on Windows or Mac. MailDrop supports all formats and attachments through it will not take up user’s iCloud size; However, it should be noted that the validity of the files will be only 30 days and after that they will be deleted from the server.
Send high volume email in Yahoo!
Yahoo is one of the oldest e-mail services in the world and is still used by many users. Although Yahoo users have an impressive 1TB of space to attach various files such as images and documents to their emails; But there is a limit of 25 MB per email , which includes the size of the email itself. To solve this problem, you should use cloud hosting services such as Google Drive and Dropbox to send large files.
1. First, click on the attachment icon on the Yahoo Mail Submit page.
2. Then select one of the two options Share files from Google Drive or Share files from Dropbox.
3. If you have not previously connected the service (for example Dropbox) to Yahoo Mail, a new page with a Connect dropbox option will appear in the middle.
4. Click on the option mentioned in the previous section and then enter your Dropbox username and password to log in to your account.
5. Now you can select the desired file from Dropbox or upload a new file in the cloud. Files uploaded this way will be automatically added to the email.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sending High Volume Email
What is the best service for sending high volume email?
Apple’s email service is the best option for sending high volume email; Because the maximum file size is 5 GB and uploaded files will not take up user’s iCloud space; However, the validity period for downloading each file will be only 30 days.
What is the best way to send high volume email in Gmail?
To send high-volume email in Gmail, you can use the Google Drive or Dropbox cloud to upload files. If you do not want to lose the free space of your Google Drive, it is better to go to Dropbox.
What is the best way to send high volume email to Yahoo?
Yahoo supports both Google Drive and Dropbox services to add large files to emails. Dropbox provides only 2 GB of free space for users of the free plan, while this amount is equal to 15 GB for the free Google Drive plan.
- How to create a cover for Instagram highlights?
- Is my Samsung waterproof? All Samsung waterproof phones
- How to use a ruler on Microsoft word?
Leave a Reply