Prior to the release of Windows 10 by Microsoft, there was no word on a standalone built-in screen capture tool on the company’s operating system; But with the advent of the Xbox Game Bar, things have changed and it has become much easier to do so. The same procedure has been followed in the new version of Windows, and users can use the built-in features along with other peripherals as a screen recorder in Windows 11, which we will explain how to use them.
Types of screen recorders in Windows 11
When you want to record screen content in Windows 11 with audio, you have several different options, including the Xbox Game Bar. Of course, if you need more tools and maneuverability, you should go for the proprietary software developed to do this. OBS, TweakShot, and ShareX are some of the most popular applications in this field that professional users take advantage of their capabilities. Graphics card software provided by their developers can also be used to record game content, and two main examples include GeForce Experience for Nvidia products and Radeon Software for AMD cards.
There are fundamental differences between how these programs work, and if we want to compare the Xbox Game Bar with the specific examples, we will notice many differences. The built-in screen recorder of Windows 11 is on the operating system by default and the user does not need to download and install it separately. It is also a lightweight tool and will not impose much processing load on the system. Its user interface is simple and does not require complicated settings for an initial startup; As a result, most users without previous experience and skills will be able to take advantage of its capabilities.
But the Windows 11 built-in screen recorder also places very serious limitations on its users. For example, there is not much control over the quality of the recorded content and it does not have the basic features associated with advanced encoders. Also, even if you are not using it, it will run automatically in the background, with an additional processing load. Dedicated screen capture software, on the other hand, provides the user with much more control over various aspects, and most aspects such as quality, bit rate, resolution and frame rate can be adjusted. Of course, such programs have a complex user interface, and their initial configuration is a bit difficult. You will also need powerful hardware along with a dedicated graphics card to record high-quality videos.
Windows 11 Internal Recorder Screen
As mentioned in the previous section, the Xbox Game Bar is intended as a built-in screen recorder for Windows 11, which runs as a background application. The tool consists of a central control bar that sits at the top center of the screen, and several side widgets appear to control the various sections. To start recording screen content through this tool, just follow the steps below.
1. First, type the phrase Xbox Game Bar in the search bar of the Windows Start menu and click on the first title displayed. You can also run this tool quickly by pressing the Win + G key combination.
2. In the upper left corner of the screen will be a widget called Capture, which is intended to control screen recording.
3. Before you start recording the screen, make sure that the audio recording option is turned on. To do this, click on the settings icon (gear) in the center toolbar in the middle of the page to access the game bar settings page.
4. In the settings window, click on the Capturing option from the left menu. You will now see a section called AUDIO TO RECORD on the right side of the page. If you want to record only the sound of the game and the microphone when entering the game, select the first option. If you want to record all the sounds in different parts and programs, including the browser, activate the second option called All, and if you do not want any sound to be in the output file, select the last option, None.
5. After specifying the audio recording status, you can start the process of recording screen content with the help of the Windows 11 built-in screen recorder. To start recording, just click on its icon (circle similar to the image below) in the Capture widget. The recording process also starts by pressing the Win + Alt + R key combination.
6. After the recording process starts, a new small widget called Capture Status will appear, which shows the duration of the current recording process. Also, if you want to stop the recording process, you can click on the blue icon or press Win + Alt + R again. The microphone icon in this widget can control the recording status of the microphone and clicking on it will stop the recording of the microphone; While recording screen content continues.
7. After the recording process is complete, you will see a notification with Game clip recorded content, which means that the output file has been saved successfully.
8. To view the recorded files through the Windows 11 built-in screen recorder, you can click Show all captures in the Capture widget to refer to the location of the videos. By default, videos recorded with the Xbox Gamebar are stored at the following address; But you can change the default address by cutting the folder and placing it in the desired location.
C: \ Users \ * your user name * Videos \ Captures
Screen capture with Microsoft PowerPoint
Most users use Office suite and its applications such as PowerPoint on their Windows. Fortunately, PowerPoint software is equipped with a built-in capability to record screen content, which can be used as an alternative to the Windows 11 built-in screen recorder. The steps for recording video display with PowerPoint are as follows.
1. After opening the PowerPoint software, click on the New option in the left panel and then select the Blank Presentation option.
2. Click the Insert tab in the top toolbar of the program and then select the Screen Recording option from the Media section.
3. You can now specify the location to record the content and finally press the red key to start the recording process. If you do not want the audio to be saved with the output file, set the Audio option to Off.
4. To end the screen capture process, click the blue square in the top toolbar or press Win + Shift + Q. You can also tap the Pause icon in the toolbar to pause the recording.
5. The recorded video is now on one of the PowerPoint slides. To save it outside of the PowerPoint software environment, right-click on the video and then select Save Media from the menu that opens .
6. Select the desired location to place the output file in the internal memory and then click the Ok button.
Screen capture with TweakShot Screen Recorder
TweakShot Screen Recorder software is a good alternative to the built-in screen recorder of Windows 11, which has been developed specifically for recording screen content. This program is equipped with various modes that can be used to record the entire screen, a window or even a specific part. If you are looking for suitable options for making instructional videos and teaching files, this title may be right for you. Of course, the said capabilities can also be used to record games or live streams.
1. To get started, search for TweakShot Screen Recorder and download the installation file for free.
2. After completing the software installation process, run it.
3. As shown below, select one of the available modes for recording screen content according to your needs.
4. Click Quick Settings to be taken to the software settings page. In this section, you can control various items such as using the watermark and logo, adjusting the quality of the output file, displaying or not displaying the mouse pointer, recording audio, and so on.
5. After selecting the recording type and applying the desired settings, click on the red Record key to start the recording process.
6. When the recording process is complete, press the Stop key to end it. You can now view your videos in the Recording tab and click on the folder icon to go to the storage location.
Screen capture with ShareX
Free ShareX software is another screen capture feature that is available to Windows users for free and can be used as an alternative to the built-in screen recorder in Windows 11. The program can provide output files in MP4 and GIF format , and along with a simple user interface, provides users with acceptable capabilities.
1. To download the software installation file for free, just search for ShareX Download and download it from the manufacturer’s site.
2. After completing the installation process and entering the program, click on the Capture option from the left menu. Then, to prepare the output file in MP4 format, click on the Screen recording option, and if you want to have a file in GIF format, select the Screen recording (GIF) option.
3. Select the desired part of the screen to record content. The recording process will start shortly after selecting the said section. To capture a specific window, just hover over it to highlight it and then click on it.
4. To end the recording process, click on the red icon in the taskbar and then select Stop. Pressing the Shift + Print Screen key combination will also stop the recording process.
5. You can now select the output file from within the software itself to play the video. Also, by right-clicking on it and selecting the Folder option from the Open menu or pressing the Shift + Enter key combination, you will be able to go to the output file storage location.
- How to create a guest account in Windows 11?
- How to improve Instagram security?
- What is the difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp business?
Source: lifewire , wethegeek , allthings
Leave a Reply