Saving conversations and chats in WhatsApp is one of the most important features of these messengers that many users need. With this feature, not only can backups be made to protect data and recover in the future; It is also possible to extract the text of conversations in the form of independent files. In the following, we will discuss how to do this and its prerequisites.
Save conversations and chats in WhatsApp
Different methods can be used to store conversations and chats in WhatsApp. In the first method, the user can make a backup on the cloud and in the future will be able to recover messages with the help of a backup file. In the second case, the messages are placed as a text in a standalone file from which it is not possible to retrieve data in WhatsApp; But you will no longer need these messengers to read them, and you can get help from other programs.
WhatsApp backup on iPhone
1. To save conversations and chats in WhatsApp with the help of backup on iPhone, first log in to this messenger application. If you have not logged in to your account in the past, you must first log in to your account after entering your mobile number and verification code.
2. Click the Settings tab in the toolbar at the bottom of the page. If you’re in a chat, tap Back to move to the home screen.
On the settings page, tap Chats.
4. Click Chat Backup in the middle of the page.
5. Once you have entered the backup page, select the Back Up Now option.
6. The process of backing up WhatsApp messages and files on the iCloud cloud will now begin. If you have not enabled the iCloud Drive feature in the past, you must first enable it on your device before you can proceed. Also, if you log in to WhatsApp with your current number on another device, you can restore all the old chats and their content through a backup.
WhatsApp backup on Android
1. To get started, log in to the WhatsApp messenger Android application.
2. Tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the menu that opens.
4. On the WhatsApp settings page, go to the Chats section.
5. Tap Chat backup, which is located near the bottom of the page.
6. On the next screen, touch the green Back Up key. All your chats and files will now be stored as a backup on Google Drive cloud. In the future, you can use this version to recover data on other devices.
Save conversations and chats outside of WhatsApp
In the previous method, only the backup can be used to recover data within WhatsApp and it is not possible to view its content independently. Fortunately, there is another way for WhatsApp to provide users with text files from conversations that can be easily read on different devices. To do this, just follow the steps below.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your phone or tablet and then enter a chat.
2. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. From the pop-up menu that opens, select More at the bottom and click Export chat .
4. If you want to save images and other files along with the text, select Include Media in the pop-up window, otherwise click Without Media.
This method can be used on both Android and iPhone phones. Of course, there is another method in Android that is able to save a lot of users time and is easier to work with. In this method, the texts of several chats are stored simultaneously, which can be done by following the steps below.
1. After opening WhatsApp Messenger, tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen on the app’s home screen.
2. Select the Settings option to enter the app settings.
3. Then go to Chats .
4. On the Chats page, tap Chat History.
5. Now select the Export Chat option.
6. Select a chat set and then specify how to interact with images and videos.
7. Finally, select the storage location of the chat text file to complete the saving process.
In this method, each dialog is placed in a separate file, which will be in txt format. The name of the sender of each message and the time of sending it are also written in front of them. Of course, this method also has limitations and it is not possible to save all conversations and chats in WhatsApp.
The easiest way to restore a backup of WhatsApp on your mobile or tablet is to uninstall the messenger app and reinstall it. Then you have to enter your mobile number again to enter the program by receiving the confirmation code. After entering the app, WhatsApp can automatically detect the backup on the cloud space connected to the device. Note that if you skip this step without data recovery, you will have to delete the app again to apply the backup.
If you select the Restore option , the backup download process will begin. The speed of this process depends on the speed of your internet and the size of the backup file. Then you have to choose a display name again and enter the two-step authentication code. You will now have access to all your old messages and conversations.
Frequently Asked Questions about saving conversations and chats on WhatsApp
How to save conversations and chats in WhatsApp?
To save conversations and chats in WhatsApp, you can use the feature of backup on the cloud, which can put the text of conversations along with images and videos on iCloud on iPhone or Google Drive on Android. You can also create standalone text files for each chat that can be read outside of WhatsApp.
How to restore a backup to display old chats in WhatsApp?
If you have backed up your WhatsApp messages and files in the past, you can restore the backup data by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
Can all chats be saved in a file outside of WhatsApp?
No; WhatsApp does not allow group storage of all chats outside of these messengers. Of course, Android users can select multiple conversations to save in standalone files; But this feature is not available to iPhone users.