There are simple ways to reduce WhatsApp Internet usage that can help you manage WhatsApp data usage.
If you have limited internet volume or you want to control your internet data usage in WhatsApp, you need to reduce the data usage of the application. WhatsApp offers options to help reduce application data consumption. In this article, we will show you ways to reduce internet traffic in WhatsApp.
How to reduce Internet data consumption in WhatsApp
One way to reduce WhatsApp data usage is to reduce data usage during WhatsApp calls. To do this, follow these steps:
On Android phones, select the Setting option by tapping the three-dot icon in the upper right corner . From the settings menu, enter the Storage and data section and enable the Use less data for calls option.
On the iPhone, go to the Setting tab and tap on Storage and data , and on the next screen , enable the Use less data for calls option.
Disable automatic download of media files
If you receive a lot of media files through WhatsApp, your data consumption will probably be high. Follow the steps below to prevent automatic download of media in WhatsApp:
Enter the settings menu and tap Storage and data .
In the Media auto-download section you can choose what kind of media files you want automatically when using mobile data, Wi-Fi and roaming; Download:
- When using mobile data
- When connected on Wi-Fi
- When roaming
By tapping on any of these three options, you can select which type of Internet connection photos, audio, video, and documents are allowed to download automatically.
To reduce data consumption, deselect videos and any other media that you do not want to be downloaded automatically, and then tap OK when done. Keep in mind that even if you turn off Audio, WhatsApp voicemails will load automatically.
You can also do this for iPhone by following these steps:
Select Storage and Data from the Settings tab . In the Media Auto-Download section , tap a media type and select when that media can be downloaded automatically.
- The Never option allows you to manually download media files only when you want to. Selecting this option can save your storage space.
- The Wi-Fi option automatically downloads media only when connected to Wi-Fi.
- By selecting the Wi-Fi and Cellular option , WhatsApp also uses Wi-Fi and mobile internet to automatically download the desired media.
Adjust image upload quality
The last way to reduce Internet usage in WhatsApp is through the Storage and Data option and the Media upload quality section. You can use this option to adjust the quality of the media files you send to others.
By tapping Media upload quality on iPhone and Photo upload quality on Android, you can select one of the following options:
- Auto (recommended): The auto option is the WhatsApp suggested option for the media files you upload. Selecting this option will automatically adjust the quality of the files.
- Best quality: By selecting this option, the best quality media files are uploaded, which means more use of the volume of the Internet.
- Data saver: In order to save internet usage, files are sent with reduced quality.
The above three simple methods will help you manage your internet volume usage in WhatsApp. We hope you find this article useful. If you have a question about ways to reduce WhatsApp Internet usage, let us and Wironal users know.
- How to Clean windows 10 temp files (step by step guide)
- How to use a ruler on Microsoft word?
- Is my Samsung waterproof? All Samsung waterproof phones
Leave a Reply