Stickers are one of the most popular elements in most messaging applications, which allow users to express emotions and convey concepts in chats. Among the various messengers, Telegram offers a variety of advanced features and capabilities in the field of stickers, with the help of which still and moving images can be used. Making a sticker in Telegram is not very complicated and without prior knowledge it can be done in a relatively short time.
To make non-moving stickers in Telegram, you will only need suitable images to use. Of course, creating moving stickers is a little more complicated; For this reason, in the following, we will only examine and explain how to make fixed cases.
Designing stickers for Telegram
Designing suitable stickers to add to Telegram is possible with special image editing software. Of course, there is no need for high skill in using editing programs, and in most cases they are used to remove the background of images or add text to them.
Telegram has specified some essential prerequisites for the sticker files, which include the following:
- The images used must be saved in separate files in PNG or WEBP format .
- The background of the images should be transparent.
- Length and width of images should be 512 by 512 pixels .
Users can use many image editing software to make a suitable Telegram sticker, the most popular of which are Adobe Photoshop and GIMP . SVG-edit is also one of the free online options to do this, which can be a good alternative to previous titles. Here’s how to do it in GIMP.
1. If necessary, download and install the GIMP program from the official website of the developer (gimp.org). This software is available for desktop operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS and Linux for free .
2. Run the GIMP program and then select New from the File menu . You can also use the Ctrl + N key combination.
3. In the Create a New Image window and under Image Size , define the 512 pixel values for both the Width and Height boxes. Notice that your selected unit is on pixels (px).
4. At the bottom of the previous window, click Advanced Options to access the advanced settings.
5. Click the drop-down menu in front of Fill with , and then select Transparency from the items displayed .
6. After applying the said settings, click the Ok button at the bottom of the window.
7. You can now add your own images and designs to the GIMP software environment.
8. After completing the required steps, select Export As from the File menu to receive the output file.
9. At the bottom of the Select File Type section in the Export Image window , select the PNG option , and finally click the Export key to save the file to the device memory .
Most Telegram sticker sets include 10 to 20 stickers; But users will not have any restrictions on adding stickers to the packs and you can create as many files as you want.
Remove background images in GIMP
As we mentioned in the previous sections, to use the images to make a sticker in Telegram, you must first delete their background. GIMP software provides users with a variety of tools to do this, depending on the type of image, some of which are easier to use, while others require more skill. If the background of the image used has a different color and texture than the main subject, it is better to remove it.
To remove the background of complex images, you can use the Fuzzy Select tool in the GIMP program. This tool allows the user to select areas of the image with the same color. To use the above tools, just follow the steps below.
1. Open the desired image in GIMP software.
2. In the lower right corner of the screen, select the main layer for the image. Then right-click on the desired layer and select Add Alpha Channel . Selecting this option will make the background transparent instead of turning it black and white. If the said option was disabled, there is no need to select it and you can continue the steps.
3. Select the Fuzzy Select tool from the Software Tools panel in the upper left corner of the screen.
4. Completely select the subject or background using the Fuzzy Select tool. Depending on the type of image, select the easier option. To do this, you just need to click on the desired area and then drag the mouse to other areas so that the program will automatically set that area to the selected mode. Of course, you can also do this manually by pressing and holding the Shift key.
5. Finally, to delete the selected part, press Ctrl key on Windows or Cmd key on Mac and move the mouse around the subject.
6. If you selected the background in section 4, you must now click the Delete key in Windows . In Mac OS, to delete the background, you must click on the Clear option from the Edit menu.
7. If you have selected the subject in section 4, you must first select the Invert option from the Select menu.
If many different colors are used in the background of the image, you will probably need to repeat the previous steps several times to achieve the desired result.
Working with the telegram sticker bot
Now you have to upload the files made in the previous steps with the help of Telegram sticker making tool in this messenger application. The said bot is available in the desktop or mobile version of Telegram; But Telegram itself advises users to use the desktop version.
Upload Telegram stickers with PC
1. To get started, first log in to the Telegram desktop software.
2. Inside the app, enter “Stickers” in the search bar at the top left of the screen.
3. Now click on the @Stickers bot to enter its chat page. You will now have access to a list of commands for loading sticker files, of which / newpack and / addsticker are more commonly used.
4. Now enter the phrase / newpack in the message field and press Enter or select it from the command menu.
5. In the next step, you have to enter a short name for your sticker set in the message field and press Enter again.
6. Once you have selected the name of your choice for the sticker set, you can start the file upload process. Drag and drop the PNG files created in the previous section into the Telegram chat window.
7. After uploading each file, you must also send an associated emoji . Now the first sticker has been added to the new collection.
8. Repeat the above steps for the number of stickers you want. When done, select the / publish command from the Commands menu or type it in the message field and press Enter. Now you can upload an image in PNG format with dimensions of 100 by 100 pixels as an icon for your sticker collection. Uploading the icon image will be the same as the previous steps; But if you do not want to do this, use the / skip command.
9. Now choose a name for your sticker collection so that other users can use it to find your collection. The URL associated with your sticker collection will contain the name that you can use to share the collection.
Telegram does not have a built-in place to display stickers made by other users, and if you create a new collection, you will have to share it manually with your friends and acquaintances. If you click on the URL associated with your collection, you can see two ways to share it, including the Share option for direct forwarding of the collection to Telegram contacts or groups, and Add Stickers to add stickers to your previous collections.
Make a telegram sticker on the phone
If you do not have access to a computer or dedicated image editing software, you can use dedicated online tools to remove the background. Although these tools may not work well in all cases, they are often a quick and effective replacement that will be suitable for mobile users. remove.bg and removal.ai are some of the websites that you can use to remove backgrounds. Many mobile image editing applications also have this feature.
1. After deleting the background of your favorite images, log in to the Telegram application on Android or iOS.
2. Tap the search bar at the top of the page and then enter the phrase Stickers . Now select the @Stickers bot from the options displayed. If you have not worked with this bot in the past, you must click on the Start option at the bottom of the page to start the process.
3. Select the / newpack option from the available commands or write and send it in the message box.
4. Now type and send a short name for the new sticker set.
5. Now you can start the process of uploading the images you want. Tap the paper pin icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the page and then select File. Then go to the storage location of your files and select one. Be sure to upload the items you want as a file so that they are not converted to a compressed image.
6. After uploading each file, select a sticker-related item from the emojis section and send it to the bot. This makes it easier to categorize and find stickers.
7. Repeat the above steps for all created files to add them all to the collection. When done , enter / publish in the message box and then send it to the bot to complete the sticker process.
8. As mentioned in the previous sections, Telegram allows users to add a 100 by 100 pixel image to use as a collection icon. Of course, people who make stickers with their mobile phones may not be able to create such icons easily; As a result, you can skip this step by entering the / skip command.
9. Now you need to enter a short name for your sticker set in the message field and send it to the bot. This name will also be displayed on the bot associated with the URL and you can use it to share your collection with other users. If the short name has been used by another user in the past, Telegram will ask you to consider another title.
10. Telegram will send you a link to the new collection. To add stickers to items in your account, just click on the link and then select Add Stickers.
After creating and downloading new stickers, you can use them in chat with other users. You can also send the link to other people so they can use your stickers.
Frequently asked questions about making a telegram sticker
What software will be needed to make the Telegram sticker?
You will usually need an image editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP to create Telegram stickers so that you can delete the background of your images. Of course, online image remover tools can also be used as a practical and quick alternative to do this.
What are the features of the images needed to make a sticker in Telegram?
Telegram has some prerequisites for using images as stickers, including PNG or WEBP format for files. Also, the length and width of the images should be 500 by 500 pixels.
How to upload your pictures as a sticker in Telegram?
To add images to create a sticker collection in Telegram, you must use a special bot with the @Stickers ID. This bot is used to create new collections or add new stickers to previous collections.