Facebook is one of those social networks that pays a lot of attention to the privacy of its users and has already proven this to its users many times by adding features in this regard. Facebook’s privacy features include eliminating third-party access, eliminating Off-Activity, and enabling two-step authentication for added security. All of these are tools that can be used to greatly increase the security of your information on the social network Facebook.
Another handy Facebook feature you may not have used before is the ability to lock your profile page. By doing this, you will prevent strangers from viewing the information and details of your page. If you are not already familiar with this useful feature, then join Wironal to guide you step by step in locking your Facebook account on Android, iPhone, and web.
How to lock my Facebook account?
The answer to this question will vary depending on the device you are using. For example, if you have an Android smartphone, the settings related to Facebook account lock are slightly different from iPhone or web, but do not worry, because we want to share the training with you on all three devices, so join us. But before that we have to answer an important and fundamental question, and that is:
What will happen when locking your Facebook account?
Using the “Lock Profile” feature, in fact, is a protector for your personal information against unknown people on Facebook. When you enable this feature, a small lock icon will appear on your profile, which is a confirmation that your profile is locked. Strangers will then see only limited information from your Facebook profile.
- When your page is locked, only your friends will be able to see the photos and posts posted in the timeline.
- Only your friends can see your full size profile picture.
- Strangers will see up to five of your profile details.
- Only your Facebook friends can see your stories.
- Any post you have previously published publicly will only be displayed to your friends by locking the profile.
- A small amount of information you write about yourself in the About section of the Facebook page will be shared with the general public.
How to lock your Facebook account? (Android / iOS and iPad)
- First, open the Facebook application and go straight to your Facebook profile. Now click on the three small dots icon to the right of your profile picture.
2. In the second step, select the ” Lock Profile ” option.
3. Now you should see the description of the function of the profile lock on Facebook as shown in the image below. Click “Lock your profile” to confirm and secure your profile against prying users.
Privacy settings to make your Facebook profile as secure as possible over the web
Unlike the Facebook app built for the phone, the website version does not have a straightforward way to lock the profile page. However, you can easily control and restrict who sees your posts and profiles, tags and comments. To do this, just follow the steps below:
- Go to Facebook and log in to your account.
- Now click on the menu icon in the upper right corner and select Settings & privacy as shown below.
3. Now click on the Privacy Checkup option.
4. At the bottom of the Privacy Checkup bar, you are allowed to customize your Facebook page to your liking.
In addition, you can go to the menu and select the Privacy Shortcut section to adjust all the settings related to the privacy of your Facebook page to your liking. Currently, the Lock Profile feature is only available in some countries and we have no idea when it will be available to everyone. Until then, you can use the above command to make the necessary settings to protect your privacy.
Keep annoying people away from your Facebook page
Using the tips in this article, you can restrict strangers from accessing your Facebook profile. If you do not want people who are not on your friend’s list to visit your page for any reason, you must lock photos, videos, and other information on your page. What privacy features have you used to improve the security of your Facebook profile? Share your comments with us in the comments section.
Leave a Reply