If you’ve used the desktop version of Google Chrome, you probably know that installing and using this browser extensions will give the user a better web browsing experience. Unfortunately, Android users who have Google Chrome installed on their phone or tablet are not able to use the useful features of Chrome extensions as much as the desktop version of this browser. In this article, we are going to tell you how you can install Chrome extensions on Android. There are many ways to do this, the easiest of which is to use a Chrome-based third-party browser such as Kiwi, Yandex or other browsers. Today we are going to teach you how to install Chrome extensions on Android using these browsers, so stay tuned.
How to install google chrome extension on android
1- Kiwi browser
Kiwi browser is one of the web browsing applications that supports Chrome extensions in Android. This browser is easily installed on your Android device and you will not have any problems running it. After installing Kiwi, you can add Chrome extensions in this browser by following the steps below.
- Download the Kiwi browser through the Play Store.
- Then run this browser and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select Extensions .
- Now select the Developer Mode option.
- Enter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions in the URL bar to access the Chrome Web Store .
- Select the extensions you want to add from the Chrome Web Store . Then an installation button will appear next to the desired plugin.
- Once you find the extension you want, click Add to Chrome . A message will appear asking you if you want to confirm your choice. Click OK to install the desired Chrome extension in your Android browser.
To manage the desired plugin on your browser, you need to click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select the Extensions option to access the catalog of extensions you have installed, and thus delete any of them that you want to deactivate, update or with a few small moves.
2- Yandex browser
Another great app for installing Chrome extensions on Android is Yandex . This browser can be downloaded and accessed in the Google Play Store, so you do not need to use other methods to download it. Yandex also fully supports the Chrome Web Store . If you want to use Chrome extensions in Android, Yandex will be the right choice for you.
- Download and install Yandex from Google Play Store .
- Once the app is fully installed, go to the address bar at the top of the page and type chrome.google.com/webstore .
- After the Web Store opens, type the name of the plugins you want to add to your browser in the search bar.
- Click the Install option in the upper right corner of the page.
The plugin you want to use will appear in the browser. You can install any of them you want.
3- Firefox browser
Firefox is very popular among users and has always been considered a strong competitor to Google Chrome ; Because Firefox is one of the fastest, most secure browsers while protecting your privacy. It may sound strange, but installing Firefox is also a way to use Chrome extensions on Android!
Firefox browser on Android devices, like the desktop version, supports add-ons , and this makes the experience of using this browser on both platforms is almost the same. Most Chrome extensions have an equivalent version of Firefox , so you can use Firefox instead of Chrome and install the extension you want in this browser.
4- Dolphin browser
Another browser that supports add-ons is Dolphin Browser , which is another way to use Chrome extensions on Android. This application also has an ad blocker and works with Flash . Fortunately, the Internet has moved away from Flash these days, but if you’re still playing old games through your browser, Dolphin fully supports this feature.
The mobile version of Chrome does not support extensions for this browser, but fortunately there are many alternative browsers that support Chrome extensions or provide basic services without the need for Chrome extensions themselves.
Finally, you can download and install all the Google Chrome extensions through the Chrome Web Store . But the mobile version of Chrome browser does not have any extensions. However, you can use browsers that support Chrome extensions. Fortunately, there are now many browsers that will do this for you, or have their own add-ons that provide you with some sort of Chrome-like add-on. The browsers that we introduced to you today in this article are all safe for your privacy, so you can safely install them on your Android device.