How to increase wifi speed in PC Windows 10?! Your internet connection is not always to blame for slow download and upload speeds. Sometimes, your computer limits your speed for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, you can change these slowdown options and speed up the Internet on your Windows PC. You can change all of these options yourself without the help of your ISP. So stay tuned to Wironal without any further introduction.
Change the bandwidth limit in Windows 10
Windows 10 uses a certain amount of your bandwidth to download updates for Windows operating systems and applications. If you think your computer is running out of bandwidth, you can limit it with the available options.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Select Advanced options from the middle window.
4. Scroll down and click on Delivery Optimization.
5. Then select Advanced options at the bottom.
6. You will now see a slider for Download settings and Upload settings. Here, you can specify the amount of bandwidth used by Windows for the main tasks.
Close applications that use too much bandwidth
Some applications use the Internet to download, upload, and sync their files. To speed things up, you need to close or disable these apps when downloading or uploading something.
You can find these popular programs in the menu on your Windows 10 computer.
1- Run the Settings program.
2. Select Network & Internet.
3. Select Data usage from the left sidebar.
4. Click on View usage per app on the right.
5. Now you see the programs and the data they use. Find apps that overuse your data, and disable or close those apps.
Disable Metered Connection
Metered Connection lets you limit the amount of data your Internet connection consumes. If your current connection has this feature enabled, you need to disable it to speed up upload and download.
1- Open the settings on your computer.
2. Select the Network & Internet option.
3- Click on Change connection properties.
4. Scroll down to see the Metered connection and then turn the slider to OFF.
Your internet connection is no longer limited.
Turn off background apps
Many applications running in the background use your internet connection. As a result, your download and upload speeds are slower. You can disable the background apps option on your computer to prevent apps from running in the background.
for this job:
1- Run the Settings program.
2. Select the Privacy option.
3. Scroll down to the left sidebar and select Background apps.
4. In the right pane, return the Let apps run in the background to OFF mode.
5. You can also select programs individually to prevent them from running in the background.
Delete temporary files
Too many temporary files can slow down your computer and affect your upload and download speeds. You can get rid of these temporary files to speed up upload and download:
Note that deleting temporary files does not affect how your programs work.
1. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run.
2. Enter% temp% in the Run box and press Enter.
3. Select all the files in the temp folder, then right-click and select Delete.
Use the Download Manager program
The most common way to download and upload files is not fast enough in Windows 10. There are better and faster ways to download or upload your files.
To download files, you can use special download management programs instead of the default Windows tool or various browsers. These programs use a multi-threaded download method that speeds up.
To upload files, you can also use the special upload tool for the service in which you upload the files. Sometimes this method provides better upload speeds than the web-based method.
Use another web browser
If your default web browser is not fast enough to download files, you can change your browser to speed up downloads. Some browsers are not optimized to take full advantage of your internet speed.
If you use Chrome, you can go to Firefox and see if this helps speed you up!
Remove viruses and malware from your computer
One way to speed up uploads and downloads in Windows 10 is to keep your device free of viruses and malware. Various viruses can slow down your download and upload speeds.
Get a good antivirus program and use it to scan for and remove viruses and malware from your computer.
Change your WiFi password!
Someone may understand your Wi-Fi password and use it to download files or play content. As a result, you will experience slower upload and download speeds.
One way you can get others off your Internet network is to change your Wi-Fi password. Do this and then do not share the password with anyone.
1- Open your router settings page. On most routers, you can access that page by typing 192.168.1.1 into your web browser.
2- Log in to your router as an administrator. Most routers use admin as their username and password by default.
3. On the Settings page, click Wireless Settings above.
4. Select Wireless Security from the left sidebar. Your router may not have exactly this option, but you should find something similar.
5. In the right pane, enter a new password for your Wi-Fi network in the Security Key field.
6. Click OK to save the changes.
Upgrade your internet service
The last thing you can do to download and upload faster is to upgrade your existing Internet service. Different services have their own speed limits. You need to buy a service that is fast enough for your needs.
After upgrading the service, restart your router and enjoy faster upload and download speeds.
Are you satisfied with the download speed of your Windows 10 PC? Have you ever changed the option to improve your internet speed? Let us know in the comments section.