Privacy on social networks is very important for people, and for this reason, you may be one of those people who have not uploaded a photo of yourself in your WhatsApp and Telegram profile due to this privacy; But we must say that this concern has been completely resolved in the new update of these two apps. In previous versions of these two messengers, the user’s profile photo was visible to everyone, but with the new update, you will be able to share your profile photo only with your contacts, or if you do not want to share it with anyone!
You can also completely hide your profile picture from contacts or groups who do not want to see your photo through the added settings. If you still do not know how to apply these settings and use this new feature, join us in the rest of this Wironal article to tell you in a step-by-step tutorial how to hide your profile picture in WhatsApp and Telegram!
How to hide profile on Telegram and WhatsApp
Step 1: Hide WhatsApp profile picture
- To do this, first open your WhatsApp and touch the three vertical dots menu in the upper right corner. From the list of available options, go to Settings and when the settings page is displayed, select the Account option as shown below.
2. On the Account page in the settings, go to Privacy and select Profile photo, which is located just below the Who can see my personal info section.
3. You will now see the privacy settings of your profile picture with the options Everyone (share for everyone), My contacts (show profile picture for contacts whose number you have saved on your mobile phone), and Nobody (only you can see profile picture yourself). Will be at your disposal.
Step 2: Hide the profile picture in Telegram
- First, open the Telegram app and drag the page to the right to access the settings menu. In the screen that opens, touch Privacy and Security.
2. At the bottom of the Privacy section of the opened page, you will see the Profile Photos settings. Scroll to it and select this option to display the available options Everyone and My Contacts. Now you can decide to hide your profile picture from specific people or telegram groups using the Never Allow option.
3. Go to Never Allow and select the contacts and groups you want your profile picture to be hidden from. After doing this, you can check this list again. Now go to and tap the top right tick to save all the changes you made. With the Always Allow option, just like the previous case, you can select the contacts with whom you want your profile photo to be shared forever.
Finally, if you want to hide your profile pictures in WhatsApp and Telegram to protect your privacy, you can easily apply the desired settings on these popular messengers by using the above steps. If you use the Signal app to send messages to your friends and acquaintances, we must say that this app has not yet added this feature to its capabilities.
Leave a Reply