How to fix this app can’t run on your pc windows 10? If Windows does not allow you to run a program, there may be many reasons. If Windows 10 shows you the “This App Can’t Run on Your PC” error, there may be several reasons behind this problem. Sometimes the program is incompatible with your system, and sometimes you have entered the wrong account or the installation of a program is not complete! So we have to try different ways to fix the error of not running the software on Windows 10.
how to fix this app can’t run on your pc windows 10
Fortunately, there are several solutions to this error that you can try and test. In this article from Wironal, we will review seven ways to fix this error for you. So if you would like to learn the problem of software not running on Windows 10, follow us to the end of this fascinating article.
1) Check the program version
If you download and install an application without checking its features, you have made a big mistake. Sometimes, a program is completely incompatible with your system, and by installing it, you only increase the number of errors on your computer. For example, you can not run a program that is compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 with the 32-bit version.
So be sure to know that before downloading the program, you should look at the features of your system. To do this, press Win + I to open the settings and then select System. Click About from the left menu. The device specifications section gives you information about your system; Including which version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
2) Run the program in Compatibility mode
You may encounter the “This app can’t run on your PC” error when trying to run an older application. To fix it, you need to enable the Compatibility mode of the application features. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the program executable file and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Select another version of Windows using the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply> OK to save the new settings and try running the app. simply!
3) Run a copy of the Executable file
This is an unusual trick, but it may get you started. Copy the executable file of the program and put it in a new place. Then, run the copied file as normal.
4) Scan for viruses
Even if an application is compatible with your system, a virus can prevent the application from running normally. You can use Windows built-in tools to scan for any viruses on your computer. To do this, you must go through the following steps:
- Right click on Start and go to Settings.
- Then select the Update & Security option.
- From the menu on the left, open Windows Security.
- Now click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Quick scan button and wait for Windows 10 to complete the process.
5) Run SFC Scan
If the Quick Scan tool does not solve your problem, there is another Windows 10 Web feature that you can use. The file finder system searches for corrupted or damaged system files and automatically replaces them. Now to use it, you have to go through several steps, which are:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Now type sfc / scannow.
- To start the process, just press Enter.
- When the SFC scan is complete, it will show you a message that has found and replaced the corrupted files on your system.
6) Use the Disk Cleanup Tool
Your computer is constantly collecting junk files, especially if you spend a lot of time on the Internet. If these files take up a lot of space on your hard drive, they may cause this error. The easiest way to delete these unnecessary files is to use Disk Cleanup. To do this step by step, follow these steps:
- In the Start search bar, you should search for Disk cleanup.
- Then select Run as administrator.
- Now select the files you want to delete.
- Disk Cleanup shows you how much free space you get by doing this.
- Finally, click OK to start the process.
7) Reinstall the problematic program
If, after trying everything on our list, you still get the “This app can’t run on your pc” error, you should uninstall and reinstall the app. Once you have removed it, go to the official website of the program and download the latest version. Also keep in mind that to do this, you sometimes need to purchase the original version of a program. However, be sure to clear your browser cache before re-downloading any file.
This error is not limited to applications that you download from various sites; Because you may encounter it when trying to launch applications downloaded from the Microsoft Store. However, to prevent this from happening again, download apps from official sites and keep your schedule and system up to date for available updates. In the article above, we also reviewed seven ways to fix software error running on Windows 10 so that you can easily solve your problem.
Do you know of any other way to fix software not running on Windows 10? Share your experiences and opinions with us and other Wironal users.
Leave a Reply