Picture-in-Picture mode, or PiP, is a feature that lets you put a video in a small image size while watching multiple tasks on your computer and watch it at the same time.
Microsoft Edge, like other leading browsers, supports PiP. So, if you have not used this feature before, you can do so now. That’s why we’re with you today at Wironal to teach you all the ways you can enable PiP mode. So stay tuned.
Enable Picture-in-Picture Mode in Microsoft Edge Browser (2021)
Microsoft has now experimentally assigned a button to PiP mode that appears when you hover the mouse pointer over the movie being played. Today we will explain step by step the steps of activating this button along with other methods through which you can activate the image-in-image mode in Microsoft Edge browser. All you have to do is follow the steps below in order for this feature to be activated for you.
Enable picture-in-picture mode in Microsoft Edge browser using the PiP button
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser and click on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner. Then select the Settings option from the available options.
2. From the drop-down menu, go to the Cookies and site permissions section and drag the page down until you find the Picture in picture control option. You can also type in Picture at picture control from the search box at the top of the Settings page .
3. Now turn on the key next to Show Picture in picture control inside video frame as shown below and activate it so that the PiP button appears when playing video on the Edge browser. Do the same steps when you want to disable this feature.
4. If you do not know what the PiP button looks like, we must say that when activating this feature, it should be displayed as shown below. You can not move or change the position of this button at this time.
5. Now the picture-in-picture (PiP) mode in Edge browser is enabled for you. As you can see in the image below, the makers of Microsoft have added rounded corners to the image view to make the PiP image as small as possible.
Enable image-to-image mode via the Global Media Controls section of the Microsoft Edge browser
- You can enable Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode via the Global media controls menu, which is located right next to the address bar. However, this feature is still known as a hidden flag for the Edge browser. enter edge: // flags in the browser’s address bar and then search for Global media controls.
3. After restarting the browser, you will see the Global media controls icon at the top right of the browser toolbar. Click on it and you will see the PiP (image in image) button right next to the playback controls, as shown below.
Install the image mode plugin in the image on the Edge browser
- Google has an official extension for its Chrome browser that provides users with the very popular image-in-image (PiP) feature. Since you can easily install Google Chrome extensions on the Edge browser; We recommend that you download the Picture-in-Picture Extension plugin created by Google for free from the Chrome Web Store. Then click the Add to Chrome button and wait for the extension you want to install on the Edge browser.
Right-click on the video to access the picture-in-picture (PiP) mode
Another interesting and fast way to access Picture in Picture (PiP) mode in Microsoft Edge browser is just a simple right click! Open the video you want to watch in picture-in-picture mode, and with a simple right-click anywhere in the video, select Picture in picture from the menu that opens. You should note that to access the same menu in YouTube, you must double-click on the video.
Watch your videos in picture-in-picture mode on the Microsoft Edge browser
In this article, we have reviewed all the methods by which you can enable PiP in Edge browser.
If you have any questions about enabling image mode in Microsoft Edge browser, please share them with us in the comments section.