Most messaging apps, including Telegram, offer users the option to automatically sync contacts when they start. In some cases, this may cause some people to be added to your telegram list unintentionally. Fortunately, to solve this problem, you can use the ability to delete Telegram contacts in groups and individually in the Android, iOS and desktop versions.
Delete single Telegram contacts on mobile
Deleting Telegram contacts in the mobile version is easier than in the desktop version and supports single or group deletion. To do this, just follow the path below:
1. Log in to the Telegram app on your device.
2. Tap the hamburger menu in the corner of the screen.
3. Select the Contacts option . In the iOS version of Telegram, you only need to enter the Contacts tab.
4. Find the person you want from your contacts.
5. After entering the contact information page, tap the three-dot icon in the corner of the page. In the iOS version, you must click the Edit option .
6. From the menu that opens, select the Delete contact option. In the iOS version, instead of the menu, you will see a page with the option indicated in red.
7. A message confirming the deletion of the contact will be displayed, and a positive response will result in the person being removed from the list. Note that this method does not delete the contact number from the device memory or SIM card and will only affect the telegram.
Delete group contacts on mobile
1. To delete a group of contacts in Mobile Telegram, enter the Settings section.
2. Choose Privacy and Security from the options on the settings page.
3. Go to Contacts and then go to Delete Synced Contacts.
Prevent syncing of contacts on mobile
If you delete individual or group contacts in Telegram, you may see them return to the list. To prevent this, you need to disable auto-sync contacts as follows.
1. Refer to the Settings section of the Telegram application.
2. Go to the Privacy and Security page.
3. In the Contacts section, set Sync Contacts to Off.
Delete single Telegram contacts on the desktop
Fortunately, it is possible to delete Telegram synchronized contacts in the desktop version of this messenger; However, it offers fewer features than the mobile version.
1. To start, after entering the Telegram software, enter the chat page with the desired user. You can also go to the Contacts section of the hamburger panel next to the page and search for the name of the contact you want.
2. After touching the three dots icon in the corner of the chat window, select the Delete Contact option. In the pop-up window that appears, click Delete again.
Note that in the desktop version you can not delete contacts in groups, and to do so you must go to the web version.
Frequently Asked Questions about deleting Telegram contacts
Is it possible to delete Telegram contacts in groups on mobile?
Yes; Fortunately, there are dedicated options for deleting all synced contacts in the Telegram Android and iOS apps.
Is it possible to delete contacts in groups in the desktop version of Telegram?
It is not possible to delete contacts directly and in groups in the desktop version of Telegram; But users can refer to the web version of Telegram to do this.
Leave a Reply