Telegram is a flexible and versatile messenger that offers various features to its users. One of its important features is the ability to delete the Telegram account , which allows people to clear their data on this platform. This can be done in two ways, which we will discuss below.
Delete Telegram account
There are two main ways to delete a Telegram account, one through the app and the other in the web version . Note, however, that the results of these two methods will be different, which we will explain in the following sections. Also keep in mind that after deleting your Telegram account, all your information in these messengers, including chats, contact lists, groups, etc., will be permanently deleted, and if you re-create an account, you will still not be able to access them. Get it.
Delete Telegram account in its application
One of the security features of Telegram is the automatic deletion of the account , which will deactivate the account after a certain period of time. The default value for this feature is on the 6 month interval; But users can also define other values for it, which can be done as follows.
1. First, run the Telegram application on your device and log in to your account if needed.
2. Tap the menu icon (hamburger icon) in the corner of the screen and then select Settings .
3. On the Settings page, go to the Privacy and Security section .
4. Scroll to the bottom of the new page to see the Delete my account option.
5. Now click on the If away for option and select the 1 month option from the pop-up window that opens.
6. Now go back to the main settings page and click on the three dots icon in the corner of the screen and then touch Log out in the menu that opens to log out of your account.
In this case, if you do not use Telegram Messenger on any platform (including desktop, web and mobile) for 1 month, your account will be deleted automatically. Note that during the mentioned period, even if you log in to your account once, you will have to wait for another month for the account to be deleted. All the steps mentioned in the desktop version of Telegram can be done and you can do it through computer software.
Instant deletion of Telegram account
If you are not interested in waiting for your Telegram account to be deleted; You can use the web version of these messengers, which allows you to delete your account instantly without delay. Just follow the steps below.
1. Enter my.telegram.org/auth in your mobile or PC browser and wait for the page to load. You must have your IP change tool turned on to open the page.
2. To continue working in the box titled Your Phone Number , enter the mobile number connected to your account to send you a confirmation message for authentication.
3. After receiving the confirmation code, type it in the Confirmation code box and then click on the Sign In button.
4. In the new page, select the second option with the phrase Delete Account under the heading Your Telegram Core.
5. Now you have to click on the Delete My Account or Done button to delete your Telegram account .
6. In the pop-up window that appears, select Yes, Delete My Account.
After completing the above steps, your Telegram account will be deleted along with its data. Note that do not share the verification code received from Telegram with other people in any way; Because it can easily delete the account without your knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions about deleting a Telegram account
Is it possible to deactivate the Telegram account only?
No; Telegram does not allow people to deactivate accounts and reactivate them. In the mentioned method, all user information will be deleted after deleting the account and it will not be possible to access it again.
Is it possible to create a new account after deleting the Telegram account?
Yes; After deleting their Telegram account, users can create a new account with the same number again. Of course, this may take several hours; But it will be possible in any case.
Is it possible to delete Telegram account immediately through its application?
No; The Telegram application only allows users to automatically delete their account after a certain period of time has elapsed, and to delete your account immediately, you must use the web version.
Leave a Reply