When you add a video to your PowerPoint slide, the first frame of the video is previewed as the video preview image. In such cases, people may like to put another image on the slide as a video preview.
That’s why we decided to teach you how to put a video preview image in PowerPoint from zero to one hundred in this short article from Wironal. So if you are interested in this topic, follow us to the end of this article.
Use a specific image in the video as a preview image
Some people like the preview photo to be selected from the video. This is very easy to do and you will have to go through several steps. These steps are:
1) First open your PowerPoint file.
2) Then go to the slide containing the clip and click on the play button in the video (Play).
3) When you see the image you want to use as a preview image, click the Pause button.
4) Now go to the Video Format tab and open the Poster Frame.
5) Then select “Current Frame”.
6) Then you will see the image that is displayed for the video (in updating your slide) in the specific frame that you have selected.
7) As you can see in the example below, this is a very nice image for the video.
Use an image outside the video as a preview
You may want to add a completely different image to the video preview image. Many people in these cases put their company logo as an image. To do this, follow these steps:
1) Go to the slide containing the clip (video) and click on the video.
2) Now open the Video Format section.
3) Then select Poster Frame.
4) Next, you must click on “Image From File”.
5) You can choose an image from your computer, an online image or an icon.
6) Select the image you want to use.
7) Now click on “Insert”.
8) Now instead of the first frame, you will see the image you selected as a video preview.
9) Do not worry about anything because if you play the image, it will play like a normal video and nothing special will happen.
Restore the video preview image
It’s easy to change if you finally decide to use the first video frame as a preview image. To do that, you have to go through several steps. These steps are:
1) Select the desired clip.
2) Now go to the Video Format tab.
3) Then click on Poster Frame.
4) Select “Reset”.
5) The preview image then returns to the first default frame. simply!
As a result, never worry about spoiling a new image for video preview; Because you can easily return it to its original state in any case.
In this short article, we tried to teach you how to change the video preview image in PowerPoint. Fortunately, this is easy to do and you just need to follow the steps above in order. In this video, we also taught you how to reset the video preview image. So start now and put beautiful images as a preview on your video and if you do not like it, easily restore it to its original state.
What else would you like to learn about Microsoft PowerPoint? Share your comments and questions with us and other users of Wironal in the continuation of this section.
- How to reduce PowerPoint file size
- How to Create and Add Watermark in PowerPoint
- Step-by-step tutorial for convert Word to PowerPoint