One of the most important tasks after purchasing your first Android phone is to create a Google Account. If you have not created Gmail in the past, you need to create a Google account on your Android phone, so join us in this tutorial.
This article is intended for beginners and newcomers.
Utilizing most of the software features of today’s smart tools requires an account. Android phones are also dependent on Google services to use features that require an account, because their operating system was developed by Google. In fact, Google’s services are an important component of this operating system.
These services are almost separate from the core of the operating system, and Android has the ability to work properly without the presence of Google; But the fact is that the operating system is more meaningful and complete with the presence of Google applications and services. You will also have a Google account to take advantage of all the features of your Android phone.
If you do not have a Google Account, do not worry; Because creating and setting up a new Google account on Android is a simple task. If you’ve been using Gmail, you already have a Google Account and do not need to rebuild it. In this article, you will learn how to create a Google account on Android phones.
What are the benefits of having a Google account on an Android phone?
By creating a Google account on Android, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the largest Android software store, namely Google Play with more than 2.5 million titles of applications and games
- Back up important data such as images, contacts, text messages and system data such as device settings, apps settings, etc.
- Ability to access the Google Play games service with the ability to store progress in games in the cloud
- Access personalized content and learn how to use the phone to provide a more efficient user experience
- Ability to register and log in to applications without the need to enter information manually
- Automatic management and storage of passwords with the possibility of automatic completion of one-time passwords and login forms, address and bank account information
- Access to 15 GB of Google Drive cloud space with the ability to save, access and edit files from various devices and back up some applications such as WhatsApp
- Tracking or blocking a lost phone and increasing the level of protection of the device in case of theft or when resetting the device to factory settings
- Access and take advantage of the full features of the popular Gmail, Map and YouTube services
Among these benefits, access to Google Play can be considered the most important advantage of creating a Google account; Because it protects you from the dangers of installing the app from anonymous stores and resources, it is also more secure among well-known third-party stores.
Also, the process of downloading and installing applications from the source of Google Play is done in the most standard and optimal way possible and in accordance with the current condition of your device. Whenever possible you should have all four of these components in place for launch to maximize profits.
Add a new Google Account on Android
The process of creating a Google account on Android is simple and does not take much time. To do this, open your phone settings. If you have a Xiaomi phone, go to Account & sync, and if you’m using a Samsung phone, go to Accounts and backup and tap Manage accounts .
On the next screen at the bottom of the list, select Add account and tap Google . This will take you to the Google Account login page.
Add a Google Account using an existing Gmail address
If you’ve already signed up for Gmail, enter your URL and then enter your password.
To secure your account, you may need to authenticate by mobile phone number or recovery email. In this case, enter the email or number you want (by looking at the last two digits) from the selection list and enter the verification code sent by contact or SMS or email.
You will not see this page if you do not have a Gmail recovery number or email. Finally, by tapping Agree (I agree), the phone will be connected to your Google account.
Create a new Google Account on Android
If you do not have Gmail and want to create a new account, tap Create account, select For myself, and click Next to continue the process of creating a personal Google account.
Next, you need to enter basic information such as first and last name and date of birth and gender. To find out your date of birth in AD, you can use the tools to convert your solar date to AD available on the web.
The next step is to determine your Gmail address. Here, you can select an email address from Google’s suggestions based on your chosen name, or tap Create your own Gmail address by typing your desired username. Tap Next to register.
Note that if your chosen username has already been selected by another user, it will not allow you to select it and you will need to change it. Next, Google will ask you to enter a strong password that is a combination of words, symbols, and numbers. After entering the information, tap Next.
In the next step, you can enter your mobile phone number to use to reset your password when you forget it. In addition, suspicious logins to your account will be prevented and subject to entering the verification code sent to the mobile phone number. If you do not want to add a mobile phone number, touch Skip; Otherwise, after entering the number, tap Next.
The next page will show you the general information about the new Google Account you created. If everything is correct, tap Next .
You further agree to be bound by Google’s privacy policies. Note that creating a Google Account will give Google access to some of your personal information, such as your name and phone number, along with the password you entered when registering. In addition, Google monitors your activities. Google uses this data to improve its services and usage statistics.
Most importantly, much of this data is used to display personalized ads to the user based on their behavior and searches. In other words, from now on, every activity you do on your Android phone will be attributed to the new account you created and stored in it.
By tapping More options, you can prevent some activities from being saved in your account. Note that turning off these options will not prevent you from sending data to Google; only its records will not be stored in your account. Options in this section include the following:
- Web & App Activity: This option is for storing search history and usage statistics of apps that are related to Google. Also, your location records and statistics fall into this category. By selecting Do not save my Web & App Activity, you can prevent them from being saved.
- Ad personalization: This option is related to the display of personalized ads. Google extracts topics related to your interests based on your smallest activities and uses them to display unique ads to each user. You can not turn off display ads at all; But you can turn off only personalized ads by selecting Show me ads that aren’t personalized.
- YouTube History: YouTube is one of Google’s great services. The history of user activities in this section is considered separately from other services that you can choose Do not save my YouTube History, to save the history of watching videos and statistics of videos viewed.
Finally, click the I agree button to confirm your agreement with the displayed privacy and terms. Once the account has been created, it is possible to change these options and more at any time, which we will address in future articles.
The new Google Account you created will now be added to your list of accounts. You can use the same method to add more Google accounts or create new Gmail.
We hope you find this tutorial useful. If you have any questions about the steps to create a Google Account on Android phones, please share it with us and Wironal users.
Leave a Reply