Laptop battery life and health are very important. It is said that the health and battery life of these portable devices depend on various factors, including the specifications of the laptop and the user usage pattern. Battery health will have a direct impact on its overall life. If you have recently noticed that your laptop battery does not last as long as before, it is very likely that its health is endangered. Join us today at Wironal to guide you through the laptop battery health testing training steps in Windows 11.
How to check laptop battery health in Windows 11
In this article today, in addition to the official way to check the health of your laptop battery in Windows 11, we have included more resources to check this issue. In the following, we have introduced a third-person app to check battery health, steps to monitor battery consumption, and practical tips and tricks for laptops in this regard. So let’s get to the heart of the matter without wasting time.
Laptop battery health in Windows 11
Laptop battery life is actually a measure of its battery life. The more cycles your battery takes to charge in a few months, the lower its overall charging capacity will be. Naturally, over time, your current battery capacity will be significantly reduced from the original capacity you had when you bought the laptop on the battery. This is where battery health comes in. The percentage of the main battery capacity left in your laptop.
Check the health of the laptop battery in Windows 11
If you are using Windows 11, you should follow the steps below to check the health of your laptop battery:
- Open the Start menu and then search for Command Prompt . From the right side of the panel, click on Run as administrator as shown below. You can also use PowerShell to check the health of your laptop battery.
2. When the Command Prompt window opens on your screen, copy the following command and paste it into the screen that opens. Then press the Enter key. After this, a report on the battery status of your laptop on Windows 11 will be created.
3. Now it’s time to go to C: \ Windows \ system32 and look for the ‘battery-report.html’ file. Click on the said HTML file. This will open the HTML file on your default Windows 11 browser. This file is actually a report of your battery status and gives you a lot of details about your laptop battery, including the batteries installed on the system, recent consumption, battery capacity history, and more.
4. Under the ‘Installed batteries’ section, the original design capacity and the current full charge capacity are displayed for you. In the image below, for example, the final capacity has been reduced from 51,300 MWh to 43,069 MWh. If we want to calculate the difference, we must say that the battery health of this laptop on Windows 11 is currently 84%.
5. Now you can check your weekly battery capacity report in detail in the history of this report. This allows the user to record and observe the amount of reduction or failure of their battery during several months of use.
6. This report also estimates and highlights the current battery life and initial battery capacity of your laptop. This will determine the battery life of your laptop and you can compare it with the current battery life of your laptop.
7. Additionally, when you swipe down, you notice that your laptop’s battery life has been estimated since you installed the latest Microsoft operating system (Windows 11). That is, it does so right from the time you upgrade your Windows from 10 to 11. The image below shows that the laptop should last 4 hours and 50 minutes in the designed capacity, but in its current state, its battery life alone can last less than 4 hours and 4 minutes.
Check the health of the laptop battery using third-party applications
Another way to check the health of your laptop battery is to get help from a third-party application. There are currently many apps on the market for laptop battery health on the market, but one of the free apps that will do just that for you is the BatteryInfoView app .
The BatteryInfoView app will highlight the details of your laptop battery in Windows 11. Among the features that you can check using this program are current battery power conditions, current capacity, designed capacity, battery health, voltage, and a few others. You will also be able to extract these statistics from the program and save them as HTML, text, or CSV files. If you want to check the health of your laptop battery at any time, we recommend that you download the BatteryInfoView application from the link below.
Monitor the amount of battery consumption by each program in Windows 11
If you’re already having trouble quickly draining a laptop battery on Windows 11, it’s probably because of one of the programs installed on your system. Fortunately, you can monitor the amount of battery consumption by each program through the settings in Windows 11 to quickly fix the problem.
To do this, just go to Settings -> System -> Power & Battery and see through the list of available programs which programs are draining your laptop battery. In this section, you can monitor recently installed and used applications and applications running in the background and categorize them according to battery consumption.
Tips to Improve Laptop Battery Life and Health in Windows 11
One way to improve the battery life of your laptop in Windows 11 is to change the power settings on your system. Laptops usually have a mode of operation, balanced mode, and energy-saving mode (battery) in their system for the user. If you limit the performance of your laptop to high-consumption tasks, it will affect its battery life.
For this reason, it is recommended to put your laptop in Balanced Mode so that you can have enough performance while not damaging the life and health of the laptop battery. Of course, you can change the power settings in Windows 11 at any time depending on how you use it.
Check the health of the laptop battery in Windows 11 and replace the battery if necessary
We have reached the end of today’s article. Using the tips, tutorials, and tricks in this article, you can review and monitor all the requirements related to the health of your laptop battery and, if necessary, make the necessary changes to improve the condition and life of the battery. If your battery life is running out, be sure to get the necessary permits to replace it so that its warranty is not damaged if there is any. Also, if you want to replace the battery, make sure that your battery is compatible with the laptop model and its hardware specifications.