Convert heic format to jpg; HEIF video format stands for “High-Efficiency Image File Format”, which means high-performance video file format. This format is used on several platforms. File extensions are in this HEIC format, the HEIC format offers many benefits, including a smaller file size with better image quality. Photos taken on the iPhone are also in HEIC format.
Convert heic format to jpg
However, this format is still not universally accepted, and in many cases, users will have to convert HEIC to more popular video formats such as JPG. Here’s how to convert HEIC to JPG on different platforms.
Apple decided to change the JPG format to HEIC because it uses less space. Most devices support this file format, but some browsers and websites do not recognize HEIC images. As a result, other formats such as the JPG format should be used, and converting HEIC to JPG seems to be a necessity.
Method 1: In Windows (with the default program for viewing images)
All you need to convert HEIC files to JPG in Windows is the built-in Windows Photo application. This default Windows program has been updated in Build 17123 and has made it possible to view images in HEIC format. So before you continue, make sure your Windows is up to date.
1. Open your file in Windows Photo Viewer. It is probably the default photo app that will open by double-clicking on the image.
But if it does not open, type photo viewer in the lower left part of Windows and open the program and then drag the heic file into the program.
2. Click on the Edit & Create option at the top right of the window.
3. Select Edit from its menu .
4. Click Save a Copy.
In fact, we do not make any edits, we only use this page for conversion. Of course, there are edits such as crop, spin or filters.
5. Select the location to save the file
The new file is saved as a JPG file. The original HEIC image will also remain intact and will not be overwritten. Because two files have different extensions, you can put them in one folder if you want.
Using Windows Photo Viewer to convert HEIC to JPG is the easiest way to eliminate the need to install other software and anyone can do it. Suppose, however, that you want to have more control over the conversion of images or do a large number of conversions. In this case, you can use other programs such as Photoshop.
Method 2: In Android with the HEIC converter application
The easiest way to convert a HEIC image to JPG on Android is to install a related application. There are many converter apps to choose from in the Play Store, but here we use the HEIC Converter app.
1- Install the application by clicking on the link above or from Google Play and open it. Click the File Select Go.
2. Go to the folder containing the HEIC images and after selecting all the files, tap Next in the lower right corner.
3- Click the Convert button to start the file format conversion process. After converting the photos, you can share them directly from the app itself or find the files in the File Browser .
Method 3: On iPhone (2 methods)
1. Change camera settings
Although iPhone saves photos in HEIC format, you can change them in Settings and convert them to JPG. This method only works on images after applying these changes and has no effect on previously recorded and saved images in HEIC format.
1. Start by opening the Settings app on the iPhone and scroll down to the Camera option to select the camera .
2. Tap Formats and select Most Compatible. This! Now all the photos you will take from now on will be saved in JPG format.
This method is great, but it does not convert the current image format. Previously taken photos remain in HEIC format. Check out the next method to convert these images.
2. Use the Siri Shortcut program
The Siri Shortcut app is a great way to add new features to your iPhone without having to install the app. This is the easiest way to convert HEIC to JPG images on iPhone. You can save JPG images in the Photos app, or share it with iMessage, or even from AirDrop to Mac, just like you normally do.
1. Start by installing Siri Shortcut called “Share multiple images as JPG” from RoutineHub. Once installed, run it.
2. Asks you to select the photos you want to convert. After selecting all the photos, tap Add in the upper right corner. The Share page opens. You can select the destination location, AirDrop, or save them to iPhone.
Images are automatically converted to JPG format and sent to the destination folder. Just as easily!
Method 4: On Mac OS using the Preview application
Converting HEIC images to JPG on a Mac is easier. To do this, open the Finder and go to the folder containing the HEIC photos.
1. Press and hold the CMD key, then click to select all the photos you want to convert.
2. Right-click until the context menu appears, then select Preview from the Open with list .
3- All photos are displayed in the Preview program. Select all the photos together by pressing CMD + A. Click File in the menu bar and select Export Selected Images.
4. Go to the destination to save the final photos and click the Choose button.
Now all photos are converted to JPG in HEIC format and stored on Mac.