Not sure how to Connect the phone to the Samsung TV? With the advancement of technology and the intelligent world, communication between electronic devices has become a rule.
In the same way, it is possible to communicate between a smartphone and a smart TV. This means that you can easily view the content of your phone or laptop on the TV. There are several ways to do this, and in this article we will look at three, focusing on the Samsung TV.
Suppose you took a picture with your phone and now you want to see what the larger screen of the TV looks like. This is one of the things you can do to improve the performance of your smart TV.
There is often confusion about the difference between mirroring and casting on a TV. Some people think that the concept of both is the same, but this is not the case.
Connect the phone to the Samsung TV
Both are similar to smart TVs in functions such as playing videos, photos and other content from the phone, but they also have differences.
- In screen mirroring, what is on the phone screen is mirrored or reflected on a larger screen, such as a smart TV. This means that exactly what is shown on the phone will also appear on the TV, whether it is a video or a photo or the settings menu. If you go to another application on your phone, this will also be displayed on the screen.
- Casting means the instantaneous transfer of audio and video over the Internet. For example, you can use YouTube to stream videos directly from your phone to a larger screen. If you do not have a smart TV, there are players such as Chromecast or Amazon Firestick that you can use to play videos.
- Only video or video is displayed on the screen and overall control is on the phone.
4 ways to connect to a Samsung TV
Method 1: With the help of Smart View option
This option allows a wireless connection between the Samsung TV and the phone. Here photos, videos, PowerPoint presentations and games are displayed on a large screen for better and larger display.
For example, if you are using a Samsung Galaxy device, Smart View features a screen mirror.
For iPhones, this feature is called AirPlay and does the same thing.
Note that depending on the wireless provider, the software version, and the device model, there may be differences in the settings and screens available.
To achieve this goal, Smart View must be available on the device, and to mirror the screen, the Wi-Fi network must be the same.
Follow these steps:
- Connect your device, computer and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Scroll down on your phone and enable the Smart View option.
- In the list of available devices, tap the TV name.
Method 2: With the help of Smart Things feature
Samsung is central to controlling smart home devices. Downloadable for both Android and iOS devices. Automatically detects and connects to most Samsung TVs manufactured since 2016. But for a TV made before that, the Smart View app is the best option.
Follow these steps here:
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV and device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the SmartThings app on your device (most Samsung devices already have the app pre-installed).
- Click Add Device to add the device.
Method 3: HDMI adapter cable
This was a traditional way to connect to the screen before the advent of smart apps.
HDMI adapters are mostly used by people who have trouble connecting wirelessly. Note that Samsung HDMI adapters are sold separately and support devices with USB-C ports.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the TV.
- Connect the HDMI adapter to the USB port of your device.
- Turn on the TV and set its input to the HDMI port you are using.
Now that you know how to connect Samsung devices to your TV, you’ll have a great experience playing photos or watching movies on a larger screen.
Method 4: With the help of Wifi direct option
1. Go to your phone or TV settings.
In the pictures below, the Android phone is on the left and the TV screen is on the right.
2. Enable screen mirroring on your phone and TV. In the example shown, the term is used in Wi-Fi Direct TV.
3. Search for TV. Maybe in the list of devices. In the screen mirroring menu, select TV, phone or tablet.
4 – After your phone or tablet and TV are found and identified with each other, make the connection.
5- The screen of the Android device is displayed on the TV screen after the connecting process.