Stuck between deciding to buy a Mac vs PC? Don’t know which one to buy? True, this can be bypassed-but not unless you’re a techie who knows what he’s doing. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. The reason for your choice can be related to various factors such as the software you use and the devices you have.
For example, if you have an Xbox or your mobile phone is Windows Phone and you also have devices that work with Windows PC, then you will most likely choose PC. On the other hand, if you have an iPhone or iPad as well as an Apple TV, this is the only Mac that fits your other devices.
Even if you want to use devices on both Windows and Mac environments, you can easily share data across devices. You can access Mac files via Windows PC files, and vice versa. You can connect Mac drives to Windows PC and view files directly. If you are new to Mac and do not have much time to work with it, be happy that the Mac OS has a number of features that are exactly the same as Windows.
Advantages of Mac and Windows Disadvantages
- Macs have an internal program called Boot Mac, which you can use to run other operating systems such as Windows and Linux in addition to your Mac operating system. Implementing two operating systems on a Mac is much easier than running Windows, and switching between the two operating systems is very easy.
- Macs work very well with other Apple software products. For example, Handoff software, eMessage, eCloud, eCloud drive, iCloud image library, iCloud Keychain, Find My iPhone and so on. Microsoft has tried to copy these programs but has not been able to completely.
- Mac computers are less complex and easier to work with. This issue, in addition to being one of the advantages and disadvantages of these computers, is also one of the disadvantages, which is mentioned below. If you have always used Windows, then you consider this system as an intuitive system.
- If these computers are infected with a virus or malware, the number of problems they face is much lower than with Windows.
- Most new PCs contain software that requires CPU and memory, and these software are installed by the manufacturers and you have to remove them manually. Mac computers also have pre-installed software, except that it does not slow down the system. If you are technically knowledgeable and aware of this, this is not an important issue, otherwise it will cause you harassment.
- Apple has very good support. Apple has a number of warranty programs like AppleCare. There are also exclusive Apple stores where you can get your Macs and a range of products for training and repair.
- Mac computers are sleek and transparent and look great. PC makers point to their expensive PCs as a way to get rid of this feature and make Macs worthless.
- In terms of cost, Macs are more expensive than Windows, but they do have a number of features that make Macs more valuable than Windows.
- Consumers are more satisfied with Apple computers. When you buy a Mac you know you are buying a high quality device. This is also true for PCs, but due to the large number of manufacturers of this type of computer, it is very difficult to achieve excellent quality.
- Mac computers are more up-to-date and modern in terms of design and features. For example, they have technologies such as Thunderbolt, USB Type-C ports, multi-touch trackpad, force touch, backlit keyboard and..
- Mac computers can read hard drives in FET or NTFC format. Windows computers can not read Mac-formatted drives unless they have a third-party program installed.
- Like the Mac Pro, the iMac is another all-in-one desktop with 4K and 5K screens, but you can’t find one in the Windows PC market unless it’s very expensive. . There is an example of an HP computer with these specifications, which is still not as good as a Mac.
Advantages of PCs and disadvantages of Macs
- PCs are manufactured by different companies that you can find different variety in the market at different costs. In the Apple market you have a limited choice and also the costs are clear. When it comes to desktops, Apple has only one case, and if you have a cost problem, Windows PCs are a better choice.
- PCs have better settings and are easier to upgrade. On Mac systems, only the hard drive or RAM can be upgraded. On PC desktops, each component can be upgraded. When you buy a PC, you have many options that you can upgrade, such as CPU, case, memory, hard drives, ports, monitor, and so on.
- There is more software available for Windows than for PC. In the case of smartphones, the opposite is also true, but here we are talking about computers, not mobile phones. There is a program for every Windows operating system like the one in Mac OS, but these programs are not as good as Mac programs.
- Windows-based computers are more compatible. For the past five years, a desktop computer has been able to run Windows 10 easily and without any problems. For the past five years, Macs have been able to run the latest version of OS X, but half of the features were lost, and not everything went smoothly. For some reason, to use all the features of OS X, you need to have the latest version of Mac.
- When it comes to gaming, PCs are the best option. Macs, even if they are the best and most excellent computers, for example Mac Pro, do not have graphics cards as powerful as PCs.
- Around the world, most computers include PCs, and the Windows operating system is known as the most popular operating system. This means that the world of these computers is bigger and you can have better support in terms of hardware and software.
- In terms of accessories, PCs have more options, and most of these options cost less and cheaper.
- Although OS X is easier to use, it is not considered the best operating system for some people. Windows operating system is more complex than this operating system and at the same time it is more powerful.
- PCs can be configured with hardware that is considered obsolete by Apple. Some Apple computers do not have CD / DVD drivers. Apple seems to be reducing the number of USBs in its new line of computers. The new MacBook has only one USB port and one headphone jack.
- PCs work well with other products. For example, you can run your XboX or PlayStation on Windows.
Here are some of the main advantages and disadvantages of PCs and Macs, but you should actually choose one according to your needs. If you are a graphic designer, then the compatibility of software and hardware with each other is of particular importance.
Mac vs PC
Leave a Reply