Social media marketing is the process by which you and the product or service you offer are introduced to others through various social media channels. The ultimate goal of any social media campaign is to identify a product and increase website traffic, a number of followers, and customers. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn are the most popular social networks around the world.
Why is social media marketing important?
- Social media marketing is one of the fastest ways to stay informed about a new product. A tweet can spread in minutes or even faster than television and other traditional media around the world.
- Millions of people spend a lot of time on social media these days; So if you need the attention of others, you should follow them on social media.
- This is the new way of marketing. In the past, people often spent their time driving on the roads; So marketers used billboards for advertising. People today spend most of their time on social media; So marketers are using this new method of advertising.
- Recent studies have shown that social networks are becoming sales channels, and most companies are looking to find their customers through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Social media marketing tips for beginners
How can we use social media to our advantage and that of our business? How can novices have a strong presence on social media and become proficient in using it? Paying attention to the following 10 tips will help you.
1.Decide which social network you want to use
As a beginner you should choose one or two social networks. Do not try to work on all of them at once. Many novices make this mistake and after a while they give up without any benefit to them. One of the best ways to identify the most appropriate social network is to find a number of influential people and brands and find out which social network is more successful. For example, find people who are professionals in your field of activity and compare the number of followers they have on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram and Pinterest. Choose the one with the most followers as your first social network; Because you are more likely to succeed there.
2.Optimize your profile
Once you have decided which social network you want to use, you need to optimize your profile. Optimizing your profile increases your chances of increasing the number of followers and is also good for SEO. For more information, you can read SEO-related articles for each social network separately. The following tips can be used to optimize all sites:
- Use a real photo and show your face. Do not select photos of animals or places of interest as your profile picture. Social networks are built to connect people; So if you want your profile to be trustworthy, you have to show your face to others.
- Write a good, complete description of yourself or your company. Mention your field of work and specializations. Put all the things you are proud to have in your profile.
- Tell users what information you want to share with them. It is not necessary to do this; But some people like to know what information they can get from your profile.
- Put a link to your website in the About You section. In other words, use your social network profile for website SEO.
3.Connect your website to your social network profile
The next step in preparing a social network profile is to link it to your website. You must use a specific process for each platform. So read those instructions carefully before doing so. When done right, search engines will know which website is linked to which social media profile.
4.Put social network buttons on your website
Include social media sharing buttons on your website so readers can easily share your content. There are various ways and plugins to do this that you can find by searching on Google. For example, write how you can add social media sharing buttons to WordPress. Remember that the larger these buttons are, the more they are clicked.
5.Find and follow important and influential people and brands in your field of work
So far, we have learned how to choose the social network you want, optimize your profile, transfer it to your website, and use the social media sharing buttons. The next step is to follow the right people and increase the number of your followers. Ways to increase followers are described in steps 6 to 10; But before that, you need to follow the celebrities on that social network. They will certainly not follow you because your profile has just started. But doing so is important for the following three reasons:
1.Social media platforms use this information to suggest which profiles to follow. So by following well-known people in one field, you are telling others that you are also working in that field.
2.One of the tricks people use to increase the number of followers is to follow the followers of celebrities. Because some of these people are likely to follow them as well.
3.These people often share important and useful information in the field in which they operate. So you too can learn these tips and share them with your audience.
6.Maintain a balance between the number of people you follow and the number of followers
It is better to balance the number of people you follow and the number of people who follow you. Especially on social networks like Twitter and Pinterest. There are many reasons to do this, some of which you can read below:
- Apps use this ratio to recommend you to others. So the more differences there are between them, the less chance you have of being offered to others.
- It increases trust. Which profile do you trust the most? A profile with 1,000 followers and 2,500 followers, or a profile with 550 followers and 510 followers?
- The importance of social media for SEO has increased. Although this has not yet been confirmed; But usually people with stronger profiles on social media are in a better position than people with weaker profiles.
- People who have more followers than the number of people who have followed, as well as people who have been followed by important people, have stronger profiles.
7.Share interesting text, photo or video content
The foundation of a successful campaign is to share interesting content with your audience. As you may have read before, “content is king” and so is social media. The more interesting your content is, the more it will be shared and the more people will be attracted to you. What is interesting content? You can read some of their characteristics below:
- Articles, stories, and pages related to the field in which you work. But not all of them have to be from your website.
- Interesting statistics in the field in which you operate.
- Use motivational sentences.
- Research studies.
- Photos and videos.
- Share funny videos or content with your audience from time to time.
- Don’t forget to use hashtags. Related hashtags make your content searchable.
8.Post a few posts a day, but do not overdo it
One of the most common questions that beginners ask is how many posts should they share daily? The answer to this question depends on the network in which you operate. Many studies have been done in this field, the best of which are as follows:
- Personal profile on Facebook: Any number of posts you like.
- Work profile on Facebook: should not be more than 1 or 2 posts per day and 7 posts per week.
- Twitter profile: The more content you put, the more it will be exposed.
- Personal and business profile on Google Plus: You can share as much as you like. But do not overdo it as it may backfire.
- Profile on Pinterest: A small number of posts per day is enough.
9.Do not forget to follow others
Most people focus on attracting followers and forget to follow the people who follow them. Search among your followers every day and follow some of the ones you want. Failure to do so will adversely affect the audience and sometimes drastically reduce the number of followers.
10.Follow the rules and be patient
Social networks have a set of rules for eliminating spammers. Twitter, for example, has a limit on the number of people you can follow each day. Facebook also has its own rules. This means that it will take some time for you to increase the number of your followers. Do not use unauthorized means to increase the number of your followers; Because your account may be blocked. Take your time to create an interesting profile and be patient. Maybe your profile will become a reputable and popular profile.
When it comes to social media, there are two general areas to consider. The first deals with setting up a profile and the second with how you use your account. To address the first issue, it is very important to choose a social network that suits your field of activity and then connect your website to it. You should complete the second part by following the right people and share interesting content with your audience according to the rules of social networks.
Social Media Marketing
Leave a Reply